BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
12,706 Posts
@Red Sand Oh yeah, i remember doing the same to my Raleigh Chopper bicycle. Felt like the King of the World! LOL

I respectfully disagree with your view on loud exhausts, but you are absolutely entitled to your outlook. Nothing wrong with healthy debate! :)

There is a discussion on the subject of Loud Exhausts elsewhere on the forum and you are welcome to air your views there.

No matter what anyone's opinion of loud exhausts is, the OP asked how to make his 2021 bike louder and this thread should be dedicated to that end. Thanks for everyone's understanding. :)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
When I was a kid I put cards on my bicycle with clothes pins - every kid in my neighborhood did that - it was a fad

As an adult, when I began riding motorcycles at the ripe old age of 18, I realized adding extra noise to the motorcycle isn't going to make me faster, it's definitely going to annoy others (especially when passing someone or riding anywhere people live), and the loudness could definitely give law enforcement a "heads up, ticket time" advantage that I really did not want or need.

Not sure, but I think that process of growing up is called maturing

Whatever it's called, I like it

View attachment 144864
Come to Texas RedSand, there are no muffler regulations on motorcycles. You can rev-up right next to a police car and they just smile ….. because they wish they were riding too !
I always catch flack from the more conservative forum members, especially when they live in countries with strict regulations on personal behavior … But I still say Loud Pipes Save Lives !
I know it’s helped me numerous times … but then again I aim to misbehave anyway….Blitz

·
Registered
2021 BMW R Ninet
11 Posts
I did remove the db killer on my 21 double exhaust and the sound is not as great as euro4 not much pops and bangs. But without the db killer it actually sounds great!
Makes deep rumble and not too loud.

If you live in a place where noice lvl is an issue I’ll definitely try that first, and it’s easy to put db killer back if need be.

I have ordered RP tuning slip-on for mine and hopefully it will arrive in a few weeks, I have no issue with the stock exhaust sound without the db killer, I just don’t like the looks of them and I want to open the rear op and saves some weight.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I did remove the db killer on my 21 double exhaust and the sound is not as great as euro4 not much pops and bangs. But without the db killer it actually sounds great!

If you live in a place where noice lvl is an issue I’ll definitely try that first, and it’s easy to put db killer back if need be.

I have ordered RP tuning slip-on for mine and hopefully it will arrive in a few weeks, I have no issue with the stock exhaust sound without the db killer, I just don’t like the looks of them and I want to open the rear op and saves some weight.
Is it easy to remove the stock 2021 db killer?

·
Registered
2021 R nineT Option 719, Triumph Bobber
36 Posts
Thanks for testing this Euler. I have the same outlook as Red Sand with respect to loud pipes generally. I can still picture a group of Hardley riders from over forty years ago with straight through pipes taking off from a set of traffic lights. The noise was appalling, but the actual acceleration was pitiful. I could have thrashed them on a 125! Hell I could probably have thrashed them on a bicycle. However the EU 5 stuff seems to be change for the sake of change, plus I am not a great fan of the Brussels Bozos. So defeating this bit of pointless interference pleases me, especially as it's easily reversible.

·
Registered
2018 R NineT Scrambler
9 Posts
How are you liking the RP slip on in terms of exhaust note and loudness? Did you install it with the db killer?

·
Registered
2021 BMW R Ninet
11 Posts
How are you liking the RP slip on in terms of exhaust note and loudness? Did you install it with the db killer?
I have it installed with the db killer. It’s loud without the db killer and the sound is not great, but with the db killer it’s pretty great - not too loud. But it’s not at deep that I would’ve liked it to be, bit it looks great and easy to install.

Euro3 stock exhaust without db killer still sounds better though, euro5 does not pops or burple at all

·
Registered
2017 Pure
44 Posts
I'm worried about the same issue, I have aftermarket headers w/o a cat and no flap. I'm planning on not using a muffler and am worried it may be too loud (waiting on a new batter to fire it up)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have it installed with the db killer. It’s loud without the db killer and the sound is not great, but with the db killer it’s pretty great - not too loud. But it’s not at deep that I would’ve liked it to be, bit it looks great and easy to install.

Euro3 stock exhaust without db killer still sounds better though, euro5 does not pops or burple at all
Do you have Dynamic mode ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Chiming in here on the RP….I’m running it with the DB killer, and the overall sound isn’t that loud at lower RPM (eg. I typically will blip my throttle at stoplights if it turns green and the car ahead isn’t moving/paying attention and I’m not sure they would hear it!). But around 4000rpm or so it starts to sound angry…..but not open pipe obnoxious.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts