BMW NineT Forum banner

R nine t ordered ,its on the line

11K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  Bose 
#1 ·
Contacted my dealer today and my order has been accepted and is in the making now and will be the first one to arrive at my dealer :D

Low allocations of under 250 bikes for 2014 for UK dealerships this includes one showroom bike per dealership so even less from the saleable UK allocation :eek:

So boys and girls get yours ordered or wait until the first second hand 9Ts come along or the second generation in 2015 :D

I'm still waiting on price confirmation of BMW accessories too as they're not available as yet :rolleyes::D

#3 ·
Nope my dealer has got his allocation for 2014 already ,and has ordered their full allocation ,and as I put a large deposit down before any bikes were allocated I have got the first one through the door from Germany :D Happy days Gerry:D
There are 33 dealerships in the UK and those that have healthy sales figures get to shout louder I guess and that suits me :D ,all I know is its ordered with my name on it ;)
As the accessories list is in also but not officially priced yet, I'm in on Saturday to choose if and what I want for my 9T to be then fitted by my dealer tech boys once my 9T arrives :cool:
Christmas has happened already for me I'm just waiting on the main present to arrive :D:D
Good luck to all that have ordered as I think there will be many green eyed monsters overlooking everyone's 9Ts once they arrive ;)

There's still no wheel option available its comes as standard in centre spoked rims ,so get saving for those cast alloys :D

#7 ·
what?
they are PRODUCING IT NOW?
did they give you a build number, etc?
what status is it?
i heard they weren't going into production until next month
i'd LOVE to be wrong...
i know that UK and EU folks will get their first
hmmmmm
very interesting

#10 ·
I will get more facts an figures this Saturday coming as I'm going to see my dealer then ,and only had a short conversation today on the phone and no my ears weren't playing tricks with my thoughts ,so calm down have a beer as it's getting nearer for us all :D

#11 ·
oooooo
i'll try to calm down... though (and i have MANY references for the following) it is very against my genetic composition to EVER be calm... :rolleyes:.... :D

#16 ·
there will be no built to order bikes of this type. They will be somewhat limited because it is unclear what the demand will be for this bike yet. We sort of have a skewed population on this forum, obviously.

the bike only comes one way so there will be no build sheets with options. Everything you could change about the spike, and there is very little, will be done at the dealer level after the bike is been delivered from BMW... like the three exhaust choices.

the upside to that is at the bikes can be built quicker and more efficiently because every single one of them will be exactly the same. This will mean they will get into our hands in a more timely fashion

Reactions: 9T33
#18 ·
It is really something to have these wonderful discussions four months before the bikes arrive.
I hope there will be many customization options once they do get here.
I look first to the website of Roland Sands, the wonderful California designer who as you know had a hand in the creation of this find bike
this is going to be a great deal of fun and I'm happy that we can all be here in this wonderful community to share thoughts and ideas

#23 ·
I just returned from my dealer where I picked up my new 2014 GS. Guess what? As it turns out just yesterday he was allowed to order our beloved bikes in the computer so he ordered for, the second of which with my name on it. As suspected there were absolutely no options of any kind available. Everything will be done at the dealer level.

Again, bikes can be ordered but there are no options for the factory which I think is a great thing because it means the bikes will be built faster and distributed more efficiently.

#24 ·
Surprise surprise :rolleyes: although if you desire the only factory fit is the alarm whilst build is in action ,but that's the only factory fit extra available :D

Enjoy your new toy it looks ready for some good off riding with those big LEDs and crash bars and rad bars ,hope she stays upright but it's covered if it falls ;)

#25 ·
yes, I have a long history of overdoing it... :D
I will try to put a few less farkles on the nineT ;)

thanks for your kind words
i appreciate them

#27 ·
hi all
low number of bikes will be good ..the value will increase over time .
i would like another gs but too many for sale now ..
could not believe how many second hand ones out there for sale .
could be good for the buyers as so many .

#28 ·
Welcome along Pistonbroke ;)
There will only be low numbers for the first dealer allocations and if they prove popular ,and demand warrants it then dealers can order more stock it's not a limited number build bike (just initially) ;)
Have good look around there's loads of info through other posts on this forum ,so enjoy.

#30 ·
I agree with there is no way this motorcycle will increase its value over time because that just never happens. I suppose if someone found a pristine model sitting around 50 years from now that might be another story but as soon as you pull your bike off a lot to lose a considerable percentage of its value. That is a relevant to most of us because I will enjoy every single mile I'm on this bike. The ability to customize it in ways that BMW has never offered makes his bike even more desirable.

#32 ·
Well, I don't think that Gregs thought are too far away.
If you look to the past, you will see, that there is no BMW model where the price ever dropped under a certain amount.
Have you ever tried to buy a 50 years old BMW ? The ones that are still on the market are very expensive.
Have you tried to get 40 years old models i.e. a 75/6, a 75/7 ? You would have to pay more that they costed new. Or even a 90s ? unaffordable

Even ugly models compared to the 90s like the 100 RS or RT (30 years old) cost more than in the 1980s.
And the nineT is a jubilee model....

#39 ·
Hello cherry street
It's in (new order 9t details post) (1) it's no more than everyone thought until the bike gets its debut launch around the globe at shows ,then after some more optional extras may get revealed but who knows :confused::rolleyes:

#40 ·
Hi nineT lovers,

The bike is orderable, I ordered mine last Saturday at BMW in Germany, where I live. I could have ordered it even earlier. Yes for those how wait, I believe that they might not get one for 2014, this is possible.
I'm very happy about my decision and can't wait until March :-D
Cheers,
Ammour

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.