BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was time for me to personalize my new 2019 Pure but more importantly to make it more comfortable.
Some of the adds include: Front fork boots, front fender extender, engine guards, risers, bar end mirrors, softer handgrips, rear tire hugger. Bead buddy (more height).Knight Designs foot pegs (lower by 1 & 1/2 inch), Pyramid bug screen, rear tail rack. servo buddy, flapper removal and charcoal cannister delete.
All the work was straight forward with the exception of the handgrips. BMW went above and beyond in making this a giant cluster-f***
The ergonomics are spot on for my 5' 10".frame.
I also added Ride-On tire sealant/balancer to both wheels to eliminate 95% of punctures.
The final piece will be a Wolfman Peak tail bag. I am looking forward to putting on the miles!

·
Registered
911 Posts
So it was time for me to personalize my new 2019 Pure but more importantly to make it more comfortable.
Some of the adds include: Front fork boots, front fender extender, engine guards, risers, bar end mirrors, softer handgrips, rear tire hugger. Bead buddy (more height).Knight Designs foot pegs (lower by 1 & 1/2 inch), Pyramid bug screen, rear tail rack. servo buddy, flapper removal and charcoal cannister delete.
All the work was straight forward with the exception of the handgrips. BMW went above and beyond in making this a giant cluster-f***
The ergonomics are spot on for my 5' 10".frame.
I also added Ride-On tire sealant/balancer to both wheels to eliminate 95% of punctures.
The final piece will be a Wolfman Peak tail bag. I am looking forward to putting on the miles!

View attachment 129564
View attachment 129565
View attachment 129566
Good looking machine, she will serve you well. Please elaborate on the Ride-On tire sealant balancer. What’s that about ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good looking machine, she will serve you well. Please elaborate on the Ride-On tire sealant balancer. What’s that about ?
Ride On is a tire sealant and balancer that I have been using in all my bikes. It works particularly well in tires that run tubes.
I even use it in my motorcycle trailer tires, Good stuff and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rack is made by Wunderlich. It is compact and bolts right on. It holds the front seat in place and is slightly lower than the rear seat it replaces. With a low profile tail bag, it will be easier to swing the leg over without contacting the bag

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice bike good job. Please forgive my ignorance but what is a bead buddy, I too am looking to increase height but I do not know what you mean (my English is a bit rusty!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I call it a Bead buddy but it is also called a Bead Rider. Essentially it is a bunch of wooden beads that you sit on. It elevates you about 1/2 inch and also allows air circulation which really helps in hot weather. Here is a link....

·
Registered
157 Posts
The biggest "comfort" improvement I have made on mine has been replacing the stock suspension with good quality aftermarket components. Huge difference - the stock is not very compliant over big bumps and also too soft for sporty riding.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I like the rack, presume it has a plastic cover to go over the bits of wiring etc where the rear seat was?
You just need to get rid of that “Diving board” at the back, now.
Ken.

·
Registered
2018 Pure
32 Posts
The rack is made by Wunderlich. It is compact and bolts right on. It holds the front seat in place and is slightly lower than the rear seat it replaces. With a low profile tail bag, it will be easier to swing the leg over without contacting the bag
The Wonderlich site seems to show that this rack can only be used with the "enduro" fender but i see it on your bike looking good. Any issues mounting it? Also, they have two options listed, which one did you get?

Thanks,
Bruce

1 - 15 of 15 Posts