BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,349 Posts
That honestly looks terrible to me. Surely not an official BWM thing.
I kind of agree. Definitely not my thing, but it is in keeping with the retro theme of the R9T's design in my opinion.

One question: What did he do with the air intake? It looks like that fairing would completely cover it. Did he extend it forward, or is there an opening in the fairing we can't see that exposes the intake?

· Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
680 Posts
Well, I like it as it the idea works although today’s bike is more shorter and stubbier than yesteryears one and I’d shrink it all down a fraction to be in keeping

· Premium Member
379 Posts
I kind of agree. Definitely not my thing, but it is in keeping with the retro theme of the R9T's design in my opinion.
That fairing definitely looks retro, but in a very bad way to me. The 9T gives a nod to retro but is itself a modern design - that fairing (like basically all fairings on the 9T) just looks like an afterthought and makes the bike decidedly lame. If that was an official BMW release i might have to sell my 9T as the shame would be too great :).

· Premium Member
3,420 Posts
We’ll I’m in line with the dislikes 👎🏻 Windjammer was the key word, HONDA all over except for the boxer. Pretty? ….yeah a little. Would I buy one … he’ll no ! To me it’s no BMW except for the jugs. The rest looks 80’s Honda all the way.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

· Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Ironically the very "Honda" fairing you are all dissing is pretty much an OEM fairing from an R100RT.
How many years ago GapRunr? … if you like retro style it is definitely that. You could ride that to the disco and be right in step for 1980. So boxy, 👎🏻

· Super Moderator
2017 Pure
3,241 Posts
There are some fairings that look exquisite IMO on the R nine T. I'm not a fan of the Windjammer, even when I saw these things as a kid I scratched my head wondering WTH.

Aside from the beautiful fairing of the Racer model, this one pictured below on Zard's (unavailable) website looks the business.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Motorcycle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Toy

· Premium Member
379 Posts
There are some fairings that look exquisite IMO on the R nine T. I'm not a fan of the Windjammer, even when I saw these things as a kid I scratched my head wondering WTH.

Aside from the beautiful fairing of the Racer model, this one pictured below on Zard's (unavailable) website looks the business.

View attachment 147361
View attachment 147362
Yeah fair call. That one looks nice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.