BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
3,415 Posts
There are some fairings that look exquisite IMO on the R nine T. I'm not a fan of the Windjammer, even when I saw these things as a kid I scratched my head wondering WTH.

Aside from the beautiful fairing of the Racer model, this one pictured below on Zard's (unavailable) website looks the business.

View attachment 147361
View attachment 147362
Oh hell yes ! Huge difference ! That bike looks like it’s doing 100 parked. The “Honda” version looks like it should be delivering mail, box to box. One is ready to race the other is ready to tour. Probably comfortable as hell but just not for me. The Racer, I’d ride in a heart beat. Go/Fast Have/Fun no doubt about it. Cafe’, Scrambler, Bobber, Classic .. I like .. but touring should be left for HD’s and Honda’s. …….Blitz

· Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
680 Posts
There are some fairings that look exquisite IMO on the R nine T. I'm not a fan of the Windjammer, even when I saw these things as a kid I scratched my head wondering WTH.

Aside from the beautiful fairing of the Racer model, this one pictured below on Zard's (unavailable) website looks the business.

View attachment 147361 View attachment 147362
Well on these images there’s nothing at all I like. It’s strange how we all have different tastes although a common interest of the 9T!

· Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
680 Posts
What bike is it actually based on? I ask that as it’s got rwu forks, silver laced wheels and an odd colour

· Premium Member
379 Posts

View attachment 147361
View attachment 147362
To me this is probably the best looking front screen on the 9T. No idea if it even works though - doesn't look like there's even room to move the bars properly.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

But only looks good because of other changes like the super low clip ons and minimised dash etc.

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,648 Posts
Ironically the very "Honda" fairing you are all dissing is pretty much an OEM fairing from an R100RT.
Actually it's from the R100RS, more cutaway at the sides.
Pretty legendary bike in it's day. First series to offer fitted full fairings as standard, which the Japanese quickly followed.
Wind tunnel tested at Pininfarina and Das Motorrad 1976 Bike of the Year.

For a nineT touring setup I'd jump at this.

· Administrator
13,848 Posts
As @Captain says it’s definitely from a R100RS, I had such a bike and loved it. I think the RS fairing on the 9T looks ok, but the bike isn’t as visually balanced as the original IMO.

Reactions: Tigcraft

· Registered
2013 R1200GSA 2021 Urban GS 2014 Moto Guzzi 1400 Touring
161 Posts
I think its pretty sharp for a styling exercise but the rear tail is too modern to fit with the front of the bike. Also a long reach to the bars for a touring bike.
The paint colors and pin stripes are spot on though.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.