BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
I have been riding my 9T since the summer of 2018, and I have rarely came across other 9T's here in the Pacific Northwest (I saw a total of 3 on the road since then). I just came back from a trip to Spain and saw 7 R NineT's in 2 weeks. Looks like Spaniards love our bike and BMW's in general (I also saw a lot of GS's there). Any of you noticed a higher 9T ownership in courtiers/regions other than your onw?

Cheers and stay cool y'all ... the world is burning out there!
Yes, a lot of Harleys but also a lot of GS types, here in Northern Virginia, USA. But a great mix on Sunday meet up…
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in the middle of nothingland, Pa…without a dealer for hours and happened to be leaving home on my old ratty DR350 when a group of 5 assorted 9T’s came rolling by in a pack. I thought about turning back and grabbing my Urban, but knew I’d never catch them. I’d assume they were out my way because of the mountain twisties. I decided not to follow and took a few dirt roads to head to a local ice cream shop about 15 miles away when I saw the whole crew again at an intersection. I was stopped and was frantically kicking my stalled DR, trying to bring it back to life. I waved like an idiot, but only one rider returned the wave. I’m fairly certain they thought I was stalking them and the one rider that noticed me was waving like a child passing by the clowns practicing outside a circus tent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Brethren! I live in Wisconsin USA, headquarters to HD. I remember the AMF Harley days, honestly didn’t like them then, really don’t care for Harley’s today. If you want to be associated with a group that simply rides only in perfect weather, wears their leathers like they are some sort of gang, and only rides from bar to bar, definitely buy yourself a Harley. Harley riders here never wave to anyone not on a Harley, which is fine with me! All this being said, I’ve never seen another R9T around here. My bike sure gets some nice comments when it’s parked, I have always enjoyed being “unique “!

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
You’ve got the right bike AND the right attitude to go with it @Lidds ….. Some how ..(Hollywood).. those boys think they’re buying into some American pipe dream of ultimate freedom, all made possible by riding an HD. if you follow you know I’m no HD lover … but honestly back pre-AMF HD had, for its time, built some really cool bikes … I think it reflected the attitudes of the original owners. Once they lost control (mismanagement )
the focus went to making money not a reputation. They, (HD directors) have made so many mistakes as a company since then they’ll never gain back the momentum they once had…. but that illusionary reputation HD once had will die hard in the hearts of hard core Peter Fonda types. When they (HD) decided to manufacture so much of the bike outside the US you could no longer say “Made in America” then even the patriotic logic was gone too. Seems to be the nature of all things, they are born . grow . flourish & burn-out !
Next time you ride and see them … RevUp and wave anyway … it’s all about the ride not the other riders. BeWell Mate…..……..Blitz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Completely agree with the Hollywood comment, when the Terminator movie came out with Arnold Schwartzenager driving the HD fatboy, the roads were filled with wannabe’s, guys that never had a bike but jumped straight into an overpriced look at me bike. I vividly remember about that time, watching a guy pull up to a stoplight, completely forgot to put his feet down and tipped the bike over. On top of that wasn’t strong enough to pick it up. Classic HD guy. Anyway, as far as the wave goes, we’ll agree to disagree! Lol.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,056 Posts
Y’all, just imagine for a moment you’d be a GS 12xx owner. At least in Europe, that would mean you’d have to remember hard where exactly you parked your bike at the cafe or biker meet and find your own by studying the license plates - since they all look alike and there are hundreds of them. Now, that’s a problem!😂

41 - 52 of 52 Posts