BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
321 - 340 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R nineT
86 Posts
Well, I do. But I liked your purple place :).

Old tag: Twisty bridge
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Sky Vehicle

New tag: A gaggle of tourists recreating :cool: (It is said that our town gets 10K tourists a day in the summer. Not sure if it's true, but it does seem way more crowded everywhere.)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Ride on!

·
Registered
137 Posts
The tag is “treeline”. If someone goes after vertical treeline like this, they will get a ride with some real elevation, and we’ll all get to enjoy the view. But, someone could go after a horizontal treeline too, and we’d all enjoy some creativity. I remember the goose hunters hiding in the treeline on the edge of the Wisconsin corn fields. . .

Snow in August was bait. I was thinking perhaps Baloo would keep the purple dream alive, share a grape sno-cone from Cooters with us, and let the fish live another day.

The photo was taken on the road down from Artist Point, between the first and second switchbacks. Artist Point is where Hwy 542 ends above the Mt. Baker ski area, which holds the world record for highest annual snow fall at a ski area. The road to the top is only open for a few months every year. If you want a laugh, look at these news articles from June on status of the road opening.
But it’s worth the wait. The ride is thrilling and the scenery is spectacular. Just over 100 miles round trip from town. Had been there by car and bicycle, but never on a motorcycle before.

·
Registered
2018 Urban G/S
294 Posts
Ohhh we are back to snow again. 😛. Someone jump on that.
As the original snow poster, I would love to jump on this one, but it's 103°F / 39°C here so that's not going to happen anytime soon. Tree line, on the other hand, is a real possibility if someone else doesn't grab it in the next few days.

321 - 340 of 409 Posts