BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
461 - 480 of 484 Posts

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,645 Posts
@Chopper_Bob in keeping with the spirit of the competition, can you please confirm that you did in fact get dressed up accordingly and seek out that sign on your ride out yesterday?
May I point out the following from the guidelines;
• The spirit of the game says that the pictures you post for both the old Tag and your new Tag should be obtained by riding somewhere and taking new pictures. Scouring your hard drive for a two year old picture of your 9T parked at a tunnel is not the idea. Having an excuse to go ride your bike somewhere to take a new picture IS the idea.

If it was taken back when you did in fact participate in the DGR (Sunday May 2022) then it may be best if you resubmit another topic for your next tag when you get to go for a ride.
Maybe keep this in mind;
• Make the landmark something that somebody who lives most anywhere on the planet can take a photo of.

I look forward to what you come up with !:)

Reactions: recon r9t and Baloo

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
2,177 Posts

· Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
1,117 Posts
Ok, I fess up.... it was taken during the DGR on the 22 May, but it being National men's Health day recently and Movember month.... maybe we can let is slide for this time?

And the weather here was sooooo bad,... 2*C and cold rain... I nearly froze on the way to the garage (which is all of three steps from the back door)...

Ypu should have seen me walking the dog.... It was like a Hazmat suit... (is acid rain still a thing?)

· Registered
1,117 Posts
For those worthwhile causes I'd "let it slide" except for one small detail ...
Nobody will be able to get the "your bike in front of a DGR sign" tag until May 2023. :confused:
Ah yes,.... forgot abt that....

maybe change it to any sign that promotes a charity!

· Registered
1,117 Posts
... or maybe just any promotion sign for anything?

Anyway, it's "Burrrr cold" here (I mean freezing cold +/-0"C View attachment 159849 )
No Problem for me waiting until May - when I leave my cave for sprimg ...
Same here,… not pleasant to ne on the bike at all….

· Registered
2018 UGS
91 Posts
In the spirit of keeping things riding along.....
old tag: The Distinguished Motorcycle's Ride

New tag:
Iconic, or ornate architecture
LOVE the architecture tag. Finally received my jug of 15w-50 and went for a ride. Remind me to not get ahead of myself and drain before understanding when the replacement oil will come!

Old tag: Iconic or ornate architecture
Bicycle Wheel Tire Sky Shade

The Frank Lloyd Wright designed Marin County Civic Center. Unintentionally, a "modern" take on the gothic arches from the old tag.

New tag: Library, mobile or otherwise (remember, keeping it easy like Sunday morning). This bookmobile is parked in front of the main library, located on the top floor of the civic center. Yes, I'm lazy and didn't want to ride to find something else....

Tire Wheel Bus Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
432 Posts
I'm surprised you haven't commented on my maneuver of listing lazily to the left to incorporate the library.😉
Since lazy seems to be the current trend, I'm more surprised you went all the way to a library instead of stacking up a couple books next to your bike in the garage.

461 - 480 of 484 Posts