BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While I know that the best fairing for the R NiNeT is the Daytona, I am still young to sell my retirement and buy a fairing that cost almost 1/10 of the cost of my bike. So I'm looking at other solutions.
So here are my questions :
1. What is the size of the light in the 2022 Pure -7 Inch ? 8 Inch? Other? (Was the size changed since 2018? i.e. will a fairing installed on 2018 will fit my bike) ?
2. Will the old Puig fairing (https://puig.tv/uploads/products/600417/certification-ABE.pdf) which according to Puig page fit the R NineT scrambler 2017 may fit?
3. Any other solution that was built for the Pure R Nine T Pure 2022 that you are aware too?
4. Any Aliexpress / Ebay fairing that can fit ? Do you know where can i find the right brackets to fit it to my bike?

Please advise / publish picture of your solution.

Enclosed are 2 pictures ; the fairing I'm asking about in question # 2 and my bike.

Here are a picture of my bike and)
Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Automotive design
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
450 Posts
BTW, this fairing thing has been in my background list for quite some time and all this talk made me pull the trigger on the Ilmberger one. They now come with the taller MRA windscreen but the mounts are the same as the Racer and the photos we see around the web are with the Racer windscreen. I might consider having two, the Racer for day-to-day as it is better looking IMHO and having the MRA for longer trips.

Either way, lead time is 12-14 weeks... It seems nowadays everything is like this, the other day I bought a new couch for the living room, 6 months lead time :(

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
450 Posts
Was able to find the following Givi which cost 50% of the cost of Daytona - just it saying it fit only up to 2019.while the fitting kit can be installed up to 2021. so wonder if it will work with my 2022 Pure?

will try to ask them if this will fit my bike.
I don't see why not. The Pure's cockpit has not changed in any model year, AFAIK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, this fairing thing has been in my background list for quite some time and all this talk made me pull the trigger on the Ilmberger one. They now come with the taller MRA windscreen but the mounts are the same as the Racer and the photos we see around the web are with the Racer windscreen. I might consider having two, the Racer for day-to-day as it is better looking IMHO and having the MRA for longer trips.

Either way, lead time is 12-14 weeks... It seems nowadays everything is like this, the other day I bought a new couch for the living room, 6 months lead time :(
What is " taller MRA windscreen" ? Can you please share a link?

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
450 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, I was hoping to find more information provided by other riders - but unfortunately I got nothing that can help me to purchase a not expensive fairing and fit it to my bike.
Meanwhile, I ordered a $50 fairing (waiting to get it next week), then I will try to see if I can fit it to my bike. If yes I hope to find a way to paint it with my bike's colors.

Here is the fairing I have ordered , the "painted" fairing and how it may look on my bike (the last 2 pictures were done with the help of picture editor app)
Sunglasses Goggles Eye glass accessory Eyewear Vision care

Footwear Head Table Vertebrate Hood
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
815 Posts
Looks good!
Let us know how the fairing is mounted and the degree of wind-protection it provides, also where did you source it from?

I had a Puig fairing on my bike, at best it protected the meter from bug splatter, the fairing is now sitting on a garage shelf.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks good!
Let us know how the fairing is mounted and the degree of wind-protection it provides, also where did you source it from?

I had a Puig fairing on my bike, at best it protected the meter from bug splatter, the fairing is now sitting on a garage shelf.
I will update as soon as I will get the fairing I have purchased , hopefully next week. .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts