BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
As a self-proclaimed 'fat German' I am happy to see this thread resurrected and look forward to trying some of the settings in the chart and I thank the OP for the effort. Suspension is rediculous black arts for me and I have read everything on the R9T stock shock from way too hard to rediculously soft. From 'change it before you bring it home' to those that seem to vary happily co-exist with it. So... grain of salt time and I'll dial some of these in once we hit riding season and judge for myself.

Strudel (with extra flaky crust) and schnitzel time! Prost!
they're both right in a way, the spring is usually way to hard for the average rider, but when you hit a big bump the damping just blows through, a hard spring and underdamped unit makes for an average ride, if you're lucky enough to be a weight that the spring works for then winding the rebound damping up all the way (it's the only adjustment) will likely keep it under control for sedate riding on smooth roads, but if you ride rough corrugated roads or off road, carry a pillion or some luggage or ride with some gusto.... you should look at upgrading, especially the rear.

No disrespect intended, but the bikes are usually geared around their makers typical "average", Italian bikes are often sprung for jockeys, BMW's are often sprung generously, especially given their GS history and owners who like to load them up, either with armour, luggage, wives, or all three.... just makes sense really. and it would be fine if it wasn't a budget POS and changing the spring was cost effective, which it would be if the damping circuits worked.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts