BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So took the 9T out to the quarter mile in Sydney @ WSID

Obvisouly not what the bike is made for, but still some crackin fun

I kept on getting around the low 12s and was determined to get it in the 11's

My best run of the nigth was 11.917s @ 187km/h

By no means am i a benchmark, but i'm sure someone with any skill on the strip will be get 11.5's without sweat.

Anyone want to post there 1/4 mile times here

·
Registered
624 Posts
I read up something about carbon fiber cost to go down by about 90%, which has me thinking what CF use in bikes could be like, something that would be significant. It would of course help in a situation like this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Making the bike lighter would help, but i would imagine it would just make the bike wheelie more as it was a struggle in 1st and 2nd to keep the front down

As most of you know anything after 140km/h produces wind shear like no tommrow, but i was tucked in as much as possible which helps things.

I did redline everygear, but only got to about 4k in 5th as the 400m mark come out.

I'm waiting for a mate to send me the photos, will post in due time

·
Registered
1 Posts
So took the 9T out to the quarter mile in Sydney @ WSID

Obvisouly not what the bike is made for, but still some crackin fun

I kept on getting around the low 12s and was determined to get it in the 11's

My best run of the nigth was 11.917s @ 187km/h

By no means am i a benchmark, but i'm sure someone with any skill on the strip will be get 11.5's without sweat.

Anyone want to post there 1/4 mile times here
Usually I get between 10.9s to 11.5s (full exhaust only) but after I added intake and race fuel I got 10.1s.
Plant Cloud Ecoregion Sky Nature

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Looking forward to this thread. Going do some drag racing with my daughter next summer.

Is there a GPS model or cell phone app you guys are using to practice with?

10.1 is impressive.
Mr Lee I use a simple GPS for my phone called….SpeedBox…. It has many options. I’m not sure it’s still free but I think it would be worth the one time cost. It records and logs many events. Check it out ………………..Blitz
Communication Device Font Finger Gadget Material property

1 - 10 of 10 Posts