BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've searched the forum and found guide for the pre 2021 R9Ts before the LED headlamp was introduced and folks can tap the ACC wire to the parking light in the headlight loom.

Problem now with the new models it's an LED unit altogether and you can't tap the white ACC wire there anymore.

Does anyone know or can point me to how to get this done. I'm in the middle of installing the Auxiliary lights and stuck at this point right now.

Thanks in advance to everyone that can shed some light on this.

· Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
1,168 Posts
Easiest is to tap in the to GPS connector or the USB feed (not the USB itself), wunderlich has a wiring loom with connectors that can assist with that

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easiest is to tap in the to GPS connector or the USB feed (not the USB itself), wunderlich has a wiring loom with connectors that can assist with that
Hi do you have a part number for the wunderlich connector that will help me with this. I've had to put off the auxiliary light installation till I get this solution down.

Thx

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Here are a few options. there is installation instructions you can review before ordering. For a connector that plugs in to the GPS socket you need the BMW part number 83300413585

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a few options. there is installation instructions you can review before ordering. For a connector that plugs in to the GPS socket you need the BMW part number 83300413585

Thanks Bob, you've been really helpful with this challenge I'm having.

Last question I have is on the final option, does that Wunderlich Onboard Socket output a 12V signal?

And does this wiring part from Wunderlich does the same function to tap on the "ignition on".

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Yes, it still has a 12V output... I have connected my switch control to the GPS output and it works fine!

With the taillight adapter you have to be careful, I first did that, but when I had to add a numberplate light to the same circuit as the switch controller the ECU didn't like the draw on that and knocked it out. Better to connect to the GPS output.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it still has a 12V output... I have connected my switch control to the GPS output and it works fine!

With the taillight adapter you have to be careful, I first did that, but when I had to add a numberplate light to the same circuit as the switch controller the ECU didn't like the draw on that and knocked it out. Better to connect to the GPS output.
Thank you very much, I will order the wunderlich onboard socket option.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Chopper_Bob a quick question.

Is yours a 2022 Scrambler? I was referring to your suggestion on the below part number :-

I can't seem to find this plug on my bike. I will try to look harder again later on but I can't seem to pinpoint it yet. Not sure why in the Motor Fitment it only states compatibility for R9t and Pure year 2022.

I hit a snag trying to order the wunderlich onboard socket as it seems they won't ship to Malaysia. The local Wunderlich distributor indicates a 1 month + lead time to order it and has suggested me to install EZCan instead for auxiliary lighting purpose.

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Yes, I have a 2022 Scrambler...

The "GPS connector" sits on the left hand side, tie wrapped to the frame just below the tank, abt 10cm in front of the UBS port.

Robert

· Registered
15 Posts
Been asking around about the EzyCan to control the Aux lights, they replied with,
"
Hi Joda

Thank you for reaching out. We've updated our VIN decoder for the supported models of the R nine T bikes, so you can simply enter your VIN below to check which products are compatible with your bike:

BMW Vin Decoder - Hex Innovate

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards and safe travels

Ruan ".

Can you run your Vin and post the results, as I havn't got my UGS yet.

· Registered
2021 R Nine T Scrambler
11 Posts
Aloha... following this post as I just installed and aux driving light on my bike. I didn't tap into anything existing when wiring. Is that something I should be concerned with? It's a KC light and I followed their installation guide. I'm a novice ( and that might be an insult to novices) at best as far as mechanical / electrical work. Know enough to be dangerous. Clearly.

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Aloha... following this post as I just installed and aux driving light on my bike. I didn't tap into anything existing when wiring. Is that something I should be concerned with? It's a KC light and I followed their installation guide. I'm a novice ( and that might be an insult to novices) at best as far as mechanical / electrical work. Know enough to be dangerous. Clearly.
I don't know what the instructions are, but "normally" you would like the light to be switched off (even with the swith in the on position) when you switch the ignition off. The Switch activates a relay that switches the light on, if power to the switch circuit is lost (i.e. ignition off) the aux light also switches of preventing it draining the battery.

If you connect the switch lead directly to the battery the relay will stay activated and the light will stay on...

Unless you don't have a switch that activates a relay and it sits between the battery and the light...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts