BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
A new member here and I would like to say hello to all the PURE riders here !!
In my country Roadster(Classic) was the only version for sale back in 2015; PURE/Scrambler/Racer became available since 2017.
Always wanted the air/oil head boxer with shaft drive, and R9T fits the profile with the look and performance I find sufficient. Picked up a PURE simply because I have certain things in mind that I want to do with it (aren't we all like that 馃槅); so the budget saved from buying PURE in stead of Roaster, leaves me some extra money to have fun in the future.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the kind words and in order not too disappoint you, I am not planning to do anything crazy due to several reasons...
In Taiwan, all the motorcycles sold here will be taken pictures as is; the photo will be used in annual inspection, which when you modify it in an obvious way ie.. PURE with Roadster front forks; chances are, staffs from department of transportation will send me a citation asking to revert it back to FACTORY TRIM if I want to pass the inspection blah blah blah....
Anyway.. enough stupid story telling; I plan to upgrade the cartridge kit, master cylinder.. maybe swap a new set of wheels. Just those parts that would give me even more fun riding the PURE.

*hand welded titanium tail section was the first mod and I love it ��

Attachments

Premium Member
Your pipe looks great mate! Looking for pictures when installed. Just continue :). Welcome here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
continued from my original post:
Here are some pictures of my Pure with the Ti-muffler on it.
Because it is designed to be a Slip-on (my butterfly valve is still intact and I keep sub frame for two-up purpose), so the piping starts after the valve while factory support still holds my Ti-muffler; with that being said, how the piping goes and the shape is limited.
Factory muffler hangs lower and outward; I wanted my Ti-Muffler to go along with the line of subframe.
End result: Muffler tilts upward and the end tip turns horizontal.
I keep the muffler surface in a dull-finish instead of going polished one, it is just my personal preference; the welding section turned into beautiful blue/purplish hues after one day spiritual ride (280km) in mountains.
Thank you all for the nice words!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice exhaust mate, is it louder? do you mind me asking the price?
Hello Jigsaw~
Well yes, with a 120mm exit on my muffler it is considerably louder (my header and valve is still intact); and I think the thin-walled Titanium helped the sound a little bit too.
The shop who did the work for me charged by hours, so it is depending on how many bends and how complex you want the exhaust system to be. In my case, it was less than 700 USD.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
As the weather is getting warmer (actually it is already VERY HOT, 34 degree C in Taipei, Taiwan); riding early in the mountain passes is the only way to go. Just wanted to share with all the PURE owners.
Wish you all a great week!!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
As other posts indicated, there are so many parts available for the 9T and it keeps encouraging people to spend money 馃槃
Last weekend while I was replacing the factory air filter with K&N BM-1204, I also picked up a little piece to dress up the Intake channel.
Due to the fact that I already anodized the whole intake cover in black when I got my pure, I wanted a black intake ring to go with it. It is an all aluminum piece machined with polished edge; it may be just a tiny detail to be noticed but I think it does add a nice touch to the original plastic tube.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts