BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
That looks nice and tidy. Do the rear indicators also act like a rear brake light or is some other lighting device used for rear brake indication?

How bout a full right side pic to view the Rizoma side arm and cleaned up tail.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear indicators are all integrated: running, brake, and signal. They are the Rizoma Club S, with the regular Club (indicator only) up front. I'll get more pics today.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sharp.

Wouldn't mind the details of how you resolved the lamp fault.

Reactions: BillB

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'll play around with adding load resistance, the fault is for the turn signal. Does anyone know what the minimum current sense value is? These are originally 10W bulbs, but I'm suspecting the current sense threshold is significantly less. Especially given the fact that some don't need resistors while some do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Found a great deal on a Rizoma Side Arm, Club signals and a custom fender eliminator on eBay. Getting a lamp fault on the indicators so I'll need to add load resistors. Otherwise, I'm very pleased.

Really nice set up Bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, after some experimentation, it seems my bike want to see a minimum of 50 ohms in parallel with each Rizoma Club signal. That's much more current than I expected.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'd think for the price that Rizoma would be able to help here Bill?
To be fair, they did include a set of 6ohm 50W resistors for each indicator in case they were necessary. I just thought that was going to be overkill.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill,
Could you mount the Club S signals directly to the side arm plate?
It could probably be done. Brackets would be needed to mount the signals to the plate, and a long 4-wire cable would need to be added. The existing license plate light cable is routed inside the arm. I don't know if there would be enough space inside to route the additional cable.

Regardless, while I think it would look cool, I'd be worried that it might be too low for the cagers to see and pay attention to.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll add the 6 ohm 50W resistors that come with the Rizoma Clubs are too large, and draw too much current in this application and should not be used. The original US spec bulb is 10W, and if the bike sees over 2A drawn, it will trigger an overcurrent fault and disable the indicator.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm surprised that you didn't have a problem with the license plate light on the gray/red wire. I ran into difficulty on my setup with that one. It seemed that the plate light would not draw enough current. Since I put an additional running/brake light in my hump, I connected the gray/red wire to the running light wire on the additional light as well as the plate light and that solved the problem. It was the only way I could get it get it to work. I even tried a small resistor (unmarked) that came with a motogadget flasher that I bought for another bike and it did not help. Btw. Has anyone successfully installed a brake flasher on this bike? With the brake and running lights both riding on the gray/black wire, I'm stumped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm surprised that you didn't have a problem with the license plate light on the gray/red wire. I ran into difficulty on my setup with that one. It seemed that the plate light would not draw enough current. Since I put an additional running/brake light in my hump, I connected the gray/red wire to the running light wire on the additional light as well as the plate light and that solved the problem. It was the only way I could get it get it to work. I even tried a small resistor (unmarked) that came with a motogadget flasher that I bought for another bike and it did not help. Btw. Has anyone successfully installed a brake flasher on this bike? With the brake and running lights both riding on the gray/black wire, I'm stumped.
Yeah, early on I wondered if that might be an issue. It might depend on which license light LEDs you are replacing the OEM ones with. But for me with the Rizoma side arm light, there were no issues. Also, I think the second part of my answer might explain things, too.

Regarding a brake light flasher, I am successfully using a Viz-tek SupaBrake-II modulator on my setup with both running/brake leds being driven by the gray/black.

In this case, the SupaBrake is being powered by the gray/red as well, so that may be just enough draw combined with the license plate LEDs to contribute to the lack of undercurrent faults there. If anyone needs more info on how to wire the SB-II, I can certainly provide that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just my 2 pennies worth.
I too fitted the Club S indicators with side mounted licence plate/light. I had to fit the resister's that came with them as my bike came as standard with normal bulbs in the indicators.
I then found after adding the resisters there was way too much wire to make a neat and tidy job under the rear seat.
I decided it would be much easier and neater if I just took the bike to the dealers and asked them to change the cambus to run LEDS and get rid of the resisters once and for all. I knew it would cost a bit more money but did it and really pleased I did.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sb-ii

Yeah, early on I wondered if that might be an issue. It might depend on which license light LEDs you are replacing the OEM ones with. But for me with the Rizoma side arm light, there were no issues. Also, I think the second part of my answer might explain things, too.

Regarding a brake light flasher, I am successfully using a Viz-tek SupaBrake-II modulator on my setup with both running/brake leds being driven by the gray/black.

In this case, the SupaBrake is being powered by the gray/red as well, so that may be just enough draw combined with the license plate LEDs to contribute to the lack of undercurrent faults there. If anyone needs more info on how to wire the SB-II, I can certainly provide that.
I am also running Rizoma, so I also suspect that the SupaBrake is probably helping out. Wiring help on the SB-II would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thanks for the great info.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts