BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Just got around installing the resistors,Got the one Bill recommends and it worked like a charm. Picture was before i button her up and tucking the wires behind the frame.

Much neater and smaller than the Rizoma resistors I used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: kebo

·
Registered
2018 Urban GS
3 Posts
Necroing this thread!

I added Bill's 39 ohm resistor to my Club S + Minima tidy install, but I'm still getting a lamp fault, but only when the engine is off. What should I try next?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Necroing this thread!

I added Bill's 39-ohm resistor to my Club S + Minima tidy install, but I'm still getting a lamp fault, but only when the engine is off. What should I try next?
That's odd (and late response). Just added front LED blinker with 39 Ohm resistors and its not a problem at all.The difference is when not running you have only about 12V to deal with, running it is around 14.2V and therefore a higher current. Even than, it's only .36A at 14.2V compared to .31A at 12V...should not make a difference. Seems like you need a lower Ohm resister (33 Ohm) to pull more current at 12V.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, finally figured out the solution. The signal load resistance needs to be around 39 ohms. I've connected 39 ohm 5W resistors in parallel with the front Club signals and the rear Club S signals. The Club S running lights and brake lights I connected in parallel to the harness brake wire. I've attached a schematic.

AC05000003909JAC00 Vishay BC Components | Resistors | DigiKey
Hello BillB. I connected the white wire to the red wire as the diagram but it doesn't work. Can you help me

·
Registered
2017 R9T Pure
19 Posts
That's odd (and late response). Just added front LED blinker with 39 Ohm resistors and its not a problem at all.The difference is when not running you have only about 12V to deal with, running it is around 14.2V and therefore a higher current. Even than, it's only .36A at 14.2V compared to .31A at 12V...should not make a difference. Seems like you need a lower Ohm resister (33 Ohm) to pull more current at 12V.
I also researched this topic a bit and my calculations show that you need around 18Ohm resistors for indicators when you replace 10W stock indicator with 2W Rizomas.
Also I'm working on wiring for Side Arm and Club S from scratch. I bought the connector harness so that I don't have to cut the original wires and get more compact solution. Will share once done and tested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just started tearing into my 2021, but I am going with a generic LED strip. Will the 39 ohm/5W work, or do I need to size it for my set up? If so, how do I calculate what I need?

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Classic
3 Posts
I just installed some Rizoma turn signals in the rear of my 2021 using the suggested EE149H resistors and alas no CAN-bus errors. This thread was super useful.

·
Registered
2017 R9T Pure
19 Posts
I also researched this topic a bit and my calculations show that you need around 18Ohm resistors for indicators when you replace 10W stock indicator with 2W Rizomas.
Also I'm working on wiring for Side Arm and Club S from scratch. I bought the connector harness so that I don't have to cut the original wires and get more compact solution. Will share once done and tested.
I eventually used resistors that come with rizoma lights. I get error in one condition only: when I use emergency light (=never). It didn't go well with 20 Ohm resistors I bought based on 'mathematics'.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts