BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 BMW RnineT Racer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought I would elaborate on this video. My wife and I are road tripping across America in our RV Post Covid vaccinations and selling our home. Our 22 y/o son is finishing up his senior year in college ( it’s all on-line). So, he decided to load our motorcycles onto the trailer and follow us. We left the SEATTLE area on 3/21 went down the west coast, to Arizona, Texas, and are now on the banks of the Mississippi River, and headed up to the Blue Ridge parkway (tail of the dragon, et al). Our goal has been to hit the best motorcycle roads in each state we travel through. It has been great!

He produced this video for one of his classes.

I promise that clicking on the link will not send a virus.

Jimmy P.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Super cool, have him make a 30, 15 and 5 second cut for his portfolio. 60 seconds is somewhat rare/expensive.

Making a 15 second ad that doesn't make you want to hit the SKIP button in 5 seconds on Youtube is a really valuable skill to employers and clients.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Thought I would elaborate on this video. My wife and I are road tripping across America in our RV Post Covid vaccinations and selling our home. Our 22 y/o son is finishing up his senior year in college ( it’s all on-line). So, he decided to load our motorcycles onto the trailer and follow us. We left the SEATTLE area on 3/21 went down the west coast, to Arizona, Texas, and are now on the banks of the Mississippi River, and headed up to the Blue Ridge parkway (tail of the dragon, et al). Our goal has been to hit the best motorcycle roads in each state we travel through. It has been great!

He produced this video for one of his classes.

I promise that clicking on the link will not send a virus.

Jimmy P.
In North Carolina/Tennessee there is US-421, The Snake. In southwestern Virginia there is VA-16, Th Back of the Dragon. On I-81N exit for Marion, Va, The Back of the Dragon begins there and runs 33 miles to Tazwell. Tazwell has the Back of the Dragon Visitors Center, with a fire spewing dragon. On the same road outside of Marion is Hungry Mother State Park which has camping and RV hookups. Along with a lake, restaurant and beach.

·
Registered
2017 BMW RnineT Racer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, Gene:
Found your roads. The Snake looks amazing and we have added it to our route.
Still down in Franklin, NC and need another week here to ride these routes (rain permitting).
We are planning a total on 4-6 weeks in this part of the country just to ride these roads.
I think you could spend years riding in this area without getting bored.
Thanks for the tips.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Marion also has a restored theater where they film the PBS show Songs of the South or something like that. It's Blue Grass. They usually have various artists perform weekly, that was pre-Covid. We do a lot of car trips through that area. July 1st we meet in Winchester, VA and run through West Virginia to Marion, Va. We will run the Dragon and then head over to the Snake and overnight in Maryville, TN and run the Tail of the Dragon and then on to Greenville, SC for ZFest. ZFest is the annual event of the Z Series Car Club of America (ZSCCA). Our niche is BMW Z cars, Z1, Z3, and Z4s. This year is the 25th anniversary of the BMW plant in Greer, SC beginning production of the Z3. The pant only makes X Bodies now for world consumption. WVA has some great roads, mostly smooth and less travelled. If you get near Green Bank stop and visit the National Radio Astronomy Center, no cell phone coverage as it is a radio free zone. They have a exhibit center and they'll take you on a tour of the antennas. If you are near White Sulphur Springs or Lewisburg. Go online and make reservations to tour the former fallback position for the US Congress in the event of nuclear war with the Soviets. It's worth your time. It's in the Greenbriar Resort.

·
Registered
2018 Racer
32 Posts
Fun! I would love to slap my racer on a trailer and hit all the fun roads around the country without having to ride it there... maybe someday! Enjoy yourselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts