BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ride impressions. First off I am a big guy. 6’2” 275lbs long arms and legs, big.

I picked the bike up yesterday, I had never even heard one running before. I was most worried about the ergo’s, would I even fit? Closest I had ever ridden with sporty intentions was my K1300R, but it is huge compared to the racer.

I jumped on the bike and headed out, immediately my hips were SCREAMING. Luckily within about 2 blocks the strain released and it was game on! I was very impressed that even though the position is very tight it isn’t uncomfortable. I have put a couple hundred miles on it this weekend and my wrists, hips, and back are all fine.

Handling is different to what I am used to but I really enjoyed it. The K1600GT you steer (countersteer) with the bars. The racer is controllable with your hips. Suspension was fine for what need and was never jarring.

Power is appropriate for the machine. It is no speed demon but up towards 100mph with all the breeze it doesn’t really matter if it took a couple extra seconds to get there. My K1600GT 2-up will out accelerate, out brake, and out top speed the racer all day. But that isn’t the point. I had every bit as much fun ringing out the racer all tucked over at lower speeds as I do on the big bike with the cruise control set at hyper-speed.

The big question everybody asked when I won it was “are you going to keep it?”. Having never even sat one prior to winning it I had no idea. Now that I have ridden it for only 2 days I already know the answer. YES. It is the perfect second bike in the garage when I just want a little me time and don’t want to take the boss lady with me. Plus the fact it looks fantastic doesn’t hurt either.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
@Jason Clubb nice review mate.

I think the racer looks great but it's very much a "like it or loathe it" kinda bike as far as riding position goes.

I've never ridden one but with my dodgy knee I think I might be up against it. LOL

Hope you don't mind but I've moved your post from the Introductions section to the Reviews section. The Introductions section is really only to say hi to the community and this is a review so I've taken the liberty of moving it to it's rightful home. :)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Ride impressions. First off I am a big guy. 6’2” 275lbs long arms and legs, big.

I picked the bike up yesterday, I had never even heard one running before. I was most worried about the ergo’s, would I even fit? Closest I had ever ridden with sporty intentions was my K1300R, but it is huge compared to the racer.

I jumped on the bike and headed out, immediately my hips were SCREAMING. Luckily within about 2 blocks the strain released and it was game on! I was very impressed that even though the position is very tight it isn’t uncomfortable. I have put a couple hundred miles on it this weekend and my wrists, hips, and back are all fine.

Handling is different to what I am used to but I really enjoyed it. The K1600GT you steer (countersteer) with the bars. The racer is controllable with your hips. Suspension was fine for what need and was never jarring.

Power is appropriate for the machine. It is no speed demon but up towards 100mph with all the breeze it doesn’t really matter if it took a couple extra seconds to get there. My K1600GT 2-up will out accelerate, out brake, and out top speed the racer all day. But that isn’t the point. I had every bit as much fun ringing out the racer all tucked over at lower speeds as I do on the big bike with the cruise control set at hyper-speed.

The big question everybody asked when I won it was “are you going to keep it?”. Having never even sat one prior to winning it I had no idea. Now that I have ridden it for only 2 days I already know the answer. YES. It is the perfect second bike in the garage when I just want a little me time and don’t want to take the boss lady with me. Plus the fact it looks fantastic doesn’t hurt either.

The racer might fancy bigger (or at least talller) riders. The “classic” fits those of us on the shorter side better.

Thanks for posting the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
The racer might fancy bigger (or at least talller) riders. The “classic” fits those of us on the shorter side better.

Thanks for posting the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm only 5'6" and don't find my Racer too bad at all, even at the age of 52 with a dodgy hip. Up to now I've done 150 to 170 mile rides without issue, and I'm sue I could easily do more. For me it's not the position, its where you ride. Keeping the speed up a bit helps enormously along side siting up when the opportunity allows (traffic lights etc.).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good review. I'm 6'1" and don't find the ergos that bad on my Racer either. I think the worst part for me are the Option719 rearsets that really fold my (long) legs up. That gets achy after an hour or so but then I don't take the bike anywhere far from home so it's tolerable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good review. I'm 6'1" and don't find the ergos that bad on my Racer either. I think the worst part for me are the Option719 rearsets that really fold my (long) legs up. That gets achy after an hour or so but then I don't take the bike anywhere far from home so it's tolerable.
You can adjust the rear foot peg since you have the Option 719 rearset...it's easy to do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts