BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 r nineT Racer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've got a 2018 Racer, and a full Akra titanium system waiting (dying) to be installed. My mechanic inquired with Dynojet directly about the power commander needed to tune the exhaust. They do not have an updated unit "designed" for the '18 model year, as the current kit has only been confirmed on '17's and years prior. They also claimed there is a strong maybe that it will just work fine with my '18. I appreciate my mechanic doing his due diligence before my money and time is spent on something that potentially might not work.

I'm hoping to find out and hear from anyone here who has also encountered this situation. I'm open to hearing alternatives as well. My mechanics other option, was to have the ECU sent over to his mechanic friends in Italy. According to him, only they can flash it correctly. I think that's possibly just him not being fluent with euro bikes. I mean, that combined with he also wanting my motorcycle correctly tuned.

From my understanding, the Akra system is also basically just plug'n'play. Can I just install it for the time being? My question behind that question was, could not tuning the exhaust potentially negatively effect the motorcycle?

Looking forward to hearing responses. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Firstly welcome to the forum, can you please consider penning an introduction in the New Members Introductions forum section. We are a friendly bunch and apart from satisfying forum etiquette, we do like saying hello! ;)

I'm sure members more knowledgeable than me will pop along and give their views, there are a good few Power Commander users in this community.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts