BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
Black 9T classic, Tracer 700, Xs650, montesa 315r, classic mini
47 Posts
Another vote here for RBE. Easy to fit during battery and air filter change, some effort to route cables neatly to the box located on the black tray towards the rear of the tank. First test ride reveals smoother engine response particularly at lower rpms, bike is easier to ride around town. I can rumble through villages in a higher gear too and using the gear box less. Very worth while and good value mod IMHO.

·
Registered
2019 Urban GS
13 Posts
another positive experience with rapid bike easy module,
bike has no mods , ~6500kms on the clock

-$300 well spent imo,
-less snatchy throttle in 1st and 2nd gear
-engine temps ~10C lower (even whilst in stand still traffic)
-less (slightly) engine braking in higher gears
-easy to install
-fuel consumption seems to be the same
-butt dyno confirms a slight increase in mid range power!

·
Registered
2016 R-nineT Classic + 1984 Kawasaki ZL900
49 Posts
I've been happily running with the Rapid Easybike for a couple of months now. Unfortunately though, I've now run into some regulations issues :cautious: my CO exhaust gas levels are out of limits... I've used the recommended settings (5 and +3), should I reduce the AFR to 0 to get the CO levels down again?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorted with the recommended “+3” the engine was running ‘too rich’ for EuroWhichever regulations. Turning the AFM to “0” kept all CO levels within EU limitations and the bike passed her check with flying colours .

I’m thinking about running it on “+2” i.s.o. “+3”, does anybody have any experience or suggestions for that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorted with the recommended “+3” the engine was running ‘too rich’ for EuroWhichever regulations. Turning the AFM to “0” kept all CO levels within EU limitations and the bike passed her check with flying colours .

I’m thinking about running it on “+2” i.s.o. “+3”, does anybody have any experience or suggestions for that?
+0 means the module isn't doing anything. Maybe set it to +0 for inspections, and then back to +3 when you're ready to ride around again?

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
116 Posts
I have read this thread but still unsure....for me, I have a 2020 MY /5, so it is a euro4 ecu. Is the RP Easy suitable/workable/worth it for this model year, or is it really best for pre2017? The bike is also on stock pipes with cat and stock end can.

·
Registered
49 Posts
+0 means the module isn't doing anything. Maybe set it to +0 for inspections, and then back to +3 when you're ready to ride around again?
Exactly, that is what I figured as well. I would not recommend keeping it on "0" too long, as I had the engine stop on me during the ride back home from the inspection while slowing down... I'm not sure if it was mishandling on my side (not possible hahaha ;)) or the engine running slightly too lean due to the open air filters in stead of the airbox. Once the weather allows for more riding again I will certainly investigate and try out more settings.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have read this thread but still unsure....for me, I have a 2020 MY /5, so it is a euro4 ecu. Is the RP Easy suitable/workable/worth it for this model year, or is it really best for pre2017? The bike is also on stock pipes with cat and stock end can.
According to their website it's suitable for all R-NineT's MY 2014-20.
Click "application list" on their site Rapid Bike

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
116 Posts
Thanks tezpigeon. Hadn’t managed to find that bit. Certainly all of the above posts seems positive. Not quite so positive on the threads involving ecu remaps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ninet lovers, can someone check wiring colors from RB easy unit to both O2 sensors, pleaseeee, got EASY unit from my previous F8GS with wire harness for one O2 sensor. help are HIGHLY appretiated!
cheers from Moscow!
Dimitri

'

·
Registered
2 Posts
seems I almost figured it out, just need confimation on where these two wires which are missing in my single-O2 harness goes - one white-black stripe comes to ecu and, second as I can recognize from pictures, is white, and it comes to o2.. am i correct? thanks in advance!
Creative arts Wood Computer keyboard Fashion accessory Wire

·
Registered
65 Posts
From a quick scan of this Thread I couldn't see any instructions for anybody thinking or wondering about this module. I've purchased an Evo for my bike, but got sent a copy of the Easy Instructions which was on the bike when I recieved it

Might help someone

Attachments

101 - 114 of 114 Posts