BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a followup to my aftermarket exhaust install on my 2018 Racer

I decided to try out the Rapid Bike Easy kit to enhance fueling.

I found it very easy to install. I put the controller under the seat and each cylinder head lead was easily tucked under the lower cylinder head covers.

I did not fully remove the tank as I did not want to mess with the fuel lines. Removing the 2 front tank bolts allowed it to pivot on the rear mount and with a small 1x2 piece of wood serving as a prop I was able to access underneath for wire routing. The fairing came off very easily in 3 basic steps.

I decided to remove the EVAP container as well as I did not like the look and it stuck out like a sore thumb when I removed the flapper upon exhaust install. After capping off the vacuum line on the left cylinder head I removed the vacuum hoses off the switch but left it connected and wire strapped it under the tank. I've started the bike several times with no fault codes present.

As soon as the weather clears here in Dallas I will give a ride report.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am learning so much more about the electronics on this machine. I’ll be following you to see if you think it’s making any difference in overall performance as I just ordered the parts to eliminate the exhaust flapper. I’m in Dallas too and the weather looks good thru Tuesday.
Watch out for puddles and StayUpOn2. I’ll be anticipating your report. Thanks for the post

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've put a tank of gas thru her in the past few days and have definitely noticed an improvement on how the bike runs.

No more on/off low throttle snatchiness and the throttle transitions between gears, especially 1st-3rd, are much improved.

Before when passing thru school zones at 20 mph I had to use 1st gear vs 2nd as the bike was not smooth on the throttle at low revs in 2nd. Now it hold 2nd just fine down low and no need to downshift to get moving again quickly.

The bikes tone at idle has gone down an octave or two and it sounds much deeper when you roll the throttle on.

Roll on in the upper gears is much better, rolling the throttle on from say 4500 rpm in any of the top 3 gears is drastically improved. None of the charismatic slightly lean hesitation it had before, no tinnyness....just instant smooth bellowing acceleration.

I've noticed no changes in engine temp as well - it was running about 240 today as I was running steady at 5000-6000 rpm on the freeway.

Overall, I'd say this is how the bike should have come from the manufacturer and it was $200 well spent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got in another 2 days of riding before the weather closed in on Dallas. The bike is running well, its so much better down low in the throttle transitions.

Also I forgot to mention above that I have not noticed any reduction in engine braking.

Still no faults so the charcoal canister is gone for good. The starter relay attaches to the bracket that holds the canister. I unclipped it from the bracket and had enough slack to route it under the seat. It will fit in the tray buy you have to remove the 4 screws holding it (on bottom) to get enough clearance to slip it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts