BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes nothing. In an effort to help all those on the forum figured I'd post up my experience.

Couple things

-HUGE shout out to MOTOVATION USA for part, quick shipping, and stellar communication!
-Arrow Headers I ordered are back-ordered and those Italians seem to be on holiday ;-)

-Parts Ordered
-Flapper Valve Delete by Competition Werkes
SKU WB1200X

-S1 Low Mount Exhaust by SC-Project
SKU B18-T41T

-Arrow Stainless Steel Racing Headers
SKU 71654MI

-Rapid Bike EVO Auto Tuning Fuel Management Tuning Module
SKU KRBEVO-019Z

-Exhaust Servo Buddy
SKU 42-2757

-P08 Air Filter by Sprint Filter
SKU PM109S

So installing slip on pipe was simple. Hopefully no one needs detailed instructions on that. Main goal of this thread is to show installation of Rapid Bike Evo and placement of wires etc. And how it works.

First set of pics are getting ready to install the Rapid Bike Evo. Get bike down to no seats and no gas tank. Easiest way to access all areas for wire routing. I completed pipe install and air filter replacement before the rapid bike. Why there was drywall pieces in my filter I'll NEVER know....

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So if you buy the rapid bike product it'll come with black and white pictures for directions. The directions are good. Hopefully these pictures give you better insight for plugs and routing. I used a healthy amount of cable ties and routed rapid bike wires the same way as factory wiriing as much as possible.

There are 6 hookups total

2 on right side
-cylinder intake area
-o2 sensor (I didn't attach pictures of those since they are very conspicuous)

1 underneath tank on right side of frame. This is the picture with the blue 2 wire clip.

3 on left side of bike
-cylinder intake area
-o2 sensor
-second sensor in cylinder intake area.

The biggest area of concern was mounting the actual rapid bike evo unit. Its about twice the size of a PCV. It will NOT fit under either seat. No room. The only really area I could find was where the tool kit was at the rear of the tank. At first I tried mounting it with the wiring loom coming out to the rear of the bike. this caused too much wiring to be sitting under the rider's seat and not enough room. So the solution was to turn the unit so the wiring loom come out to the bike right side. Then double the wiring cable back to the left of the bike and then back. Pictures should display this explanation.

-The only "modifying" I did to the bike was i pulled the positive terminal from the" bridge" and bend it a little up. This allowed more clearance for the rapid bike unit. Otherwise when you tighten the bridge down in presses down on the unit.

-The wiring is top notch, Top notch quality and waterproof end caps for all wiring.

-Tuning software is available through their website. The free version is the one that comes with this. (Its all you need). Included USB cable connects to a computer. NOTE: IT HAS to be a PC type computer. Not apple. Software works well and shows adjustments to the "auto tune" maps as Ive been driving. All riding/fueling has been smooth and no issues. On hard decel with throttle closed you get a crackle/pop of exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
---Overall review---

I'm impressed. No faults or codes on the bike, Sounds great in my opinion! I'll get video once I have time with my better audio setup. Not going to do it with an iphone. Instillation was a level 4-5 of difficulty for the average wrencher. All riding has been smooth and I called dimpsort's USA importer in florida to see if they'd be helpful if needed. They WERE great to chat with for a few minutes. Seems like I'll have good tech support if needed. The first picture is auto tune adjustments after 2 miles. Second picture is auto tune adjustments after roughly 60 miles. A lot of movement happening in values. No crazy power improvements that I can tell of off the bat. I was mainly going for smooth and improved looks/weight drop. Once the arrow headers come off backorder from motovation I'll be installing them and taking her to the dyno. Then I can get an actual review of HP/torque and AFR with this auto tuner.

Hope this helps and ask away with questions. Happy to help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,471 Posts
Nice write-up! Will be good to hear about your impressions as time goes on and the headers are bolted to your bike. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Appreciate your info and write up. Was considering the exact same setup (headers/exhaust/delete/tuner) for my bike. In fact visited them to see that particular SC S1 low exhaust in person. Looking forward to your eventual sound clip.

Would have been interesting if you had done a Stock Dyno run, then another run with your Exhaust/Tuner, and a final run with Headers/Exhaust/Tuner.

Staying tuned in to your thread and looking forward for your thoughts once you add the arrow headers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Been ooking at the Rapid Bike module for a while, this was really helpful, one of the most useful pieces I've read on it. Thanks for sharin.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate your info and write up. Was considering the exact same setup (headers/exhaust/delete/tuner) for my bike. In fact visited them to see that particular SC S1 low exhaust in person. Looking forward to your eventual sound clip.

Would have been interesting if you had done a Stock Dyno run, then another run with your Exhaust/Tuner, and a final run with Headers/Exhaust/Tuner.

Staying tuned in to your thread and looking forward for your thoughts once you add the arrow headers.

Yeah I had thought about doing a baseline dyno. But since I'm not too terribly concerned with power gains (and I'm impatient Lol) I just installed what I had. Been too busy lately to setup a filming/audio rig for riding. Might spring out with an iPhone tomorrow on a ride to get at least some sound for you.

If you're considering it I'd pull the trigger. All the parts together were pricey but I'm definitely happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://youtu.be/dHTC7Ilwe0s

-Here's a small compilation using an iPhone (I know I'm sorry but audio quality isn't the greatest.)
-My wife says it definitely sounds "meaner" and I hear more of it in my helmet. Nothing obnoxious in my opinion. Just more of a raw racing motor style sound. I'm curious out it'll be with the arrow headers. :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for link to video/sound clip! Looks/sounds good. I'll be looking for your additional video clip once you get the headers on as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey man. I spoke with Motovation USA and they sold me on the Rapid Bike Evo too. Although I read on their site install should be left to an experience mechanic. Id consider myself the average wrencher so if you say I have nothing to worry about Ill take your word for it!

But also how did you feel about not having it on the dyno. I know the seller on this is that it custom tunes your bike as your read because its constantly reading O2 levels but you hooked it up to the PC, is that absolutely necessary? I wouldnt even know what to change or look for if I hooked it up.

Any other info and experience with it would be great. I'm otherwise Sold on it too!

p.s. I'm still breaking in my bike so I was actually thinking of installing the tuner then adding on the Arrow headers and going for the Competition Werkes exhaust.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have used the Rapidbike Evo on a GS build I did with full Bos exhaust, wunderlich air snorkel and racing cams. Installation was easy. I had to accept the trims 2 times due to the race cams and the need for circa 25% more fuel in mid rpms. Their customer service is superb, the hardware is second to none it terms of quality and the software is so easy to use.
Very satisfied too with the results.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey man. I spoke with Motovation USA and they sold me on the Rapid Bike Evo too. Although I read on their site install should be left to an experience mechanic. Id consider myself the average wrencher so if you say I have nothing to worry about Ill take your word for it!

But also how did you feel about not having it on the dyno. I know the seller on this is that it custom tunes your bike as your read because its constantly reading O2 levels but you hooked it up to the PC, is that absolutely necessary? I wouldnt even know what to change or look for if I hooked it up.

Any other info and experience with it would be great. I'm otherwise Sold on it too!

p.s. I'm still breaking in my bike so I was actually thinking of installing the tuner then adding on the Arrow headers and going for the Competition Werkes exhaust.
Hey William,

I have no issues with it no being put on a dyno. I plan on dyno'ing it this coming spring/summer once I have all my mods complete. In regards to hooking up a PC.. I have only plugged in once to make sure that the system was powered and running properly. I haven't adjusted any parameters myself I'm just letting the box do the work! Good luck and let me know if I can help in any other way.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok here goes nothing. In an effort to help all those on the forum figured I'd post up my experience.

Couple things

-HUGE shout out to MOTOVATION USA for part, quick shipping, and stellar communication!
-Arrow Headers I ordered are back-ordered and those Italians seem to be on holiday ;-)

-Parts Ordered
-Flapper Valve Delete by Competition Werkes
SKU WB1200X

-S1 Low Mount Exhaust by SC-Project
SKU B18-T41T

-Arrow Stainless Steel Racing Headers
SKU 71654MI

-Rapid Bike EVO Auto Tuning Fuel Management Tuning Module
SKU KRBEVO-019Z

-Exhaust Servo Buddy
SKU 42-2757

-P08 Air Filter by Sprint Filter
SKU PM109S

So installing slip on pipe was simple. Hopefully no one needs detailed instructions on that. Main goal of this thread is to show installation of Rapid Bike Evo and placement of wires etc. And how it works.

First set of pics are getting ready to install the Rapid Bike Evo. Get bike down to no seats and no gas tank. Easiest way to access all areas for wire routing. I completed pipe install and air filter replacement before the rapid bike. Why there was drywall pieces in my filter I'll NEVER know....

Nice air filter: The Sprint Filter P08 has completely reinvented the concept of an aftermarket air filter. The innovative polyester material that is used allows the air to remain constant and calibrated unlike cotton or sponge materials that become inconsistent under pressure. A Sprint Filter is totally different from all others and its membrane filtering surface is double that of any other filter.

The Sprint Filter P08 provides the absolute best performance on every bike we ve tested. Testing done on the bench shows that the P08 provides the right amount of air in the most consistent manner we ve tested. This is achieved by providing more air, more power, and more filtration than any factory OEM filter.

The Sprint Filter P08 is essentially maintenance free. Remove the filter and blow it clean with compressed air and you re ready to go. No messy oiling or washing required.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just got my RB Evo and quickshifter installed today.

Didn't have time to do a dyno run yet, but butt dyno tells me throttle is alot more responsive and smoother, and exhaust note sounds fuller and eliminated alot of the deceleration popping.

My mods are basically Sprint P08 air filter and Akra catless exhaust with the stock Akra end cans.

Will do a dyno run probably next week or week after. Overall money well spent and will put my Booster Plug up for sale :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
@filtered Have you been happy with your Evo + QS? Works like you want it to?
Yup very happy with it!!!

Shifts like butter 99% of the time.... Only happened twice when it popped back to 5th gear from 6th, but I guess it was due to me shifting lazily.... If u engage the shift firmly, it works great!!

Only thing I noticed is it works best at above 5k rpm.... Below that u may feel a slight jerk forward. Shift above 5k rpm and the power transitions seamlessly.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
@filtered sorry for the thread resurrection!
I've just installed an Evo unit. (thanks for the pics) Ive taken it out for a good ride, fully notice the difference. Plugged into the Master software on my return and see the fuelling changes made in the Adaptive map. Am I correct that you then have to right click the adjusted value and 'commit' the changes? I have done this and all amounts went back to zero. I'm assuming subsequent rides will adjust these figures again, albeit in ever decreasing amounts. Am i on the right track?
Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts