BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some photos of recent additions to my 2021 Pure:

• Hepco Becker engine guards and rear rack
  • Hepco Becker headlight grill
  • Kreiga US-5 Draypack
  • SW-Motech center stand
  • Denali D7s
  • Front Turn Signal Kit by NRC
  • Oberon bar end mirrors
I tried my best to remain minimal with my add-ons, but that didn’t last very long. The center stand was a little challenging to install with only two hands, but everything fit together nicely. The stand is perfectly balanced and easy to use. It reminds me of the Reynolds “ride off” center stand that I had on my old 1973 /5. I added the engine guards primarily as a mounting spot for the big, round Denali D7s. No doubt about it - these Denali D7 lights are blinding, even in daytime. (I’ve ordered yellow lenses to make them more like fog lights.) By adding the Denali D7s to the engine guard bars, I had to remove and replace the front turn signal stalks because they were in the way of the lights. I found the NRC kit sold by Motovation Accessories in TX, and they were a perfect solution - mostly plug and play, but you need to splice in their resistor to the turn signals so they do not blink too fast when the Denali D7s are on.

I’m a pretty good amateur mechanic, so I do my own maintenance, with lots of help from this forum. Just completed the 600 mile initial service, and I used this as a chance to install all the farkles mentioned above. I went slow with the installation of the Denali lights and NRC turn signals because I’m a little bit nervous about the electrical system. To my knowledge, Denali does not have a SmartCan for the R Nine T yet, so you have to slice into the canbus system for a hot wire to the on/off switch. I chose the low beam from the headlight for power. Of course the Haynes manual is not up to date with the electric system diagram for 2021 models, so I had to make some intuitive guesses about which colored wire was the low beam. I guessed right on the posi-tap to the white wire, but then I had to figure out a way to hide all the bulky wiring. I found some split coiled tubing to conceal and protect the wiring, and I then zip-tied everything to the frame below the left side of the gas tank.

If anyone has any specific questions about these products or questions about installation, please send me a message while the installations are still fresh in my head. Maybe I can save you some time and frustration with your choices. I’m not affiliated with any of these companies, by the way. Best,

RCB

Attachments

·
Registered
On the hunt
13 Posts
Looks like some cool and effective upgrades for your Pure. I dig them. Seeing and being seen is always a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
2,032 Posts
Some photos of recent additions to my 2021 Pure:

• Hepco Becker engine guards and rear rack
  • Hepco Becker headlight grill
  • Kreiga US-5 Draypack
  • SW-Motech center stand
  • Denali D7s
  • Front Turn Signal Kit by NRC
  • Oberon bar end mirrors
I tried my best to remain minimal with my add-ons, but that didn’t last very long. The center stand was a little challenging to install with only two hands, but everything fit together nicely. The stand is perfectly balanced and easy to use. It reminds me of the Reynolds “ride off” center stand that I had on my old 1973 /5. I added the engine guards primarily as a mounting spot for the big, round Denali D7s. No doubt about it - these Denali D7 lights are blinding, even in daytime. (I’ve ordered yellow lenses to make them more like fog lights.) By adding the Denali D7s to the engine guard bars, I had to remove and replace the front turn signal stalks because they were in the way of the lights. I found the NRC kit sold by Motovation Accessories in TX, and they were a perfect solution - mostly plug and play, but you need to splice in their resistor to the turn signals so they do not blink too fast when the Denali D7s are on.

I’m a pretty good amateur mechanic, so I do my own maintenance, with lots of help from this forum. Just completed the 600 mile initial service, and I used this as a chance to install all the farkles mentioned above. I went slow with the installation of the Denali lights and NRC turn signals because I’m a little bit nervous about the electrical system. To my knowledge, Denali does not have a SmartCan for the R Nine T yet, so you have to slice into the canbus system for a hot wire to the on/off switch. I chose the low beam from the headlight for power. Of course the Haynes manual is not up to date with the electric system diagram for 2021 models, so I had to make some intuitive guesses about which colored wire was the low beam. I guessed right on the posi-tap to the white wire, but then I had to figure out a way to hide all the bulky wiring. I found some split coiled tubing to conceal and protect the wiring, and I then zip-tied everything to the frame below the left side of the gas tank.

If anyone has any specific questions about these products or questions about installation, please send me a message while the installations are still fresh in my head. Maybe I can save you some time and frustration with your choices. I’m not affiliated with any of these companies, by the way. Best,

RCB
Very nice mods. I've never heard of the NRC signals before, they look like an elegant solution.

I have been looking for a way to tidy the front signals up, this may be it,

·
Registered
403 Posts
Those Denali lights on that bike.. Look absolute killer.
I was thinking about getting them for my Urban, but went for the DM's instead.. In time i might move those to my front forks and put on D7's..

Very nice bike overall! Love it.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,234 Posts
Nice mods! I'm a little jealous of the Denali lights. I might never add extra lights to my R9T Pure, but I really dig them. (y)

·
Registered
R9teees
220 Posts
Those Denali lights on that bike.. Look absolute killer.
I was thinking about getting them for my Urban, but went for the DM's instead.. In time i might move those to my front forks and put on D7's..

Very nice bike overall! Love it.
I was thinking about Dinali as well. I’m gonna go with the ruby Moto lights. Rubymoto’s look to be a little bit better than the Clearwater lights at half the price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about Dinali as well. I’m gonna go with the ruby Moto lights. Rubymoto’s look to be a little bit better than the Clearwater lights at half the price.
I had not heard of Ruby Motolights before. Looks like quality stuff. I couldn't find out the dimensions/diameter of them on the website. The Denali D7s are definitely overkill and blinding in terms of auxiliary lighting, but I liked that they were big (4.5" diameter) and round -- kind of matching the round shape of the headlight. With the Denali D7s on, the headlight looks like a flashlight by comparison.

·
Registered
R9teees
220 Posts
I’m surprised rubymoto doesn’t list the Dimensions of the lights. That’s easily rectified by a phone call or an email. I’m going to do that today. I kind of want that big obnoxious look too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried my best to remain minimal with my add-ons, but that didn’t last very long. The center stand was a little challenging to install with only two hands, but everything fit together nicely. The stand is perfectly balanced and easy to use.
hey, just curious what made you grab a centre stand?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey, just curious what made you grab a centre stand?
Rather than get a Pit Bull stand, I chose the SW-Motech center stand as a more practical choice to allow for parking, maintenance, tire changes, etc. And the center stand lets me pack two bikes side by side into a one-car garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts