BMW NineT Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R NineT 2021 (Black Storm Metallic, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Headlight, Option 719 Classic Wheels)
32 Posts
Anyone had a crack at removing the baffles from the new Euro 5 NineT yet? It looks like the twin Akra end can is largely unchanged from the Euro 4 models so presumably welded in too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
So these torx badboys are absolutely stuck on my 2015 classic. I’ve got a few loose, but more than 50% of them are not moving. Any tips on how to proceed without removing the thread on them?

·
Registered
BMW R NineT 2021 (Black Storm Metallic, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Headlight, Option 719 Classic Wheels)
32 Posts
Get hold of an impact screwdriver if you can, and as suggested above try undoing them when they're hot. A bit of penetrating oil wouldn't do any harm either.

Don't be tempted to keep trying and chew up the heads, it'll look rubbish and you might end up having to drill out a snapped bolt. Heat, shock and lube are the answer!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks guys! Will get myself an impact screwdriver, that was exactly what I was missing in my life!

I did spray it with a bit of WD40, but it needs a bit of extra love.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It worked wonders! My nine T is one step closer to free breathing! I was wondering though, did you guys remove the db killer AND the db killer cap, or did you replace the cap afterwards. Because I think the cap itself also muffles a bit, but I dont really like the look without it.

Update: decided to remove the caps anyways, just need to clean them a bit. Sound isn’t louder, but way darker. I love it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Glad it worked and your happy. Yes the exhaust sounds so much better with the baffles removed. On my Scrambler having the end caps off wont make a bit of a difference in sound, only looks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced the caps on my 2014, didn't seem to make a difference to the sound (but removal of the baffles did). Glad you got it sorted, maybe think about sticking some copper grease on the bolt threads so they aren't as difficult next time you want to take them out :)

221 - 229 of 229 Posts