BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brown Scrambler seat modified with extra layers of foam (a thin layer of soft over harder foam) and then reupholstered with black marine grade vinyl by a local shop. Very happy with the modified seat; it's more comfortable than the stock Pure and Scrambler seats. Also fitted a used Urban GS tank and Racer fender for a lighter look.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was lucky to have found the gas tank, fender, and seat on eBay. Given the popularity of the R9T, I'm surprised that there's not more used body parts available.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I think that looks good, and you certainly got a result with the tank and fender for sure!

I went a similar route with a scrambler seat on my classic. I'm pretty sure it's a high seat, actually (I negotiated for it to be thrown in when I bought the bike) but when I had it upholstered a little extra foam was put in along the top - they needed to do it for the stitching, anyway.

It feels great in terms of riding, but I'm a short arse and consequently it's a mild stretch to flat foot the bike when I'm using it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the looks of your motorcycle; the paint and seat really sets it apart. The red piping on the seat ties in nicely with the red gas tank. What paint color did you choose? I'm considering having my gray Pure tank painted to a blue; but transplanting the fuel pump precludes easy tank swaps so may decide to be content with the white GS tank. My regret on reupholstering the seat was not getting white or gray stitching for some contrast. I'm also short, but my Pure is the low version so had some room to add extra seat foam and still have both feet flat at a stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts