BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for sharing real life experience of living with DEVmoto, I was tempted to go with with this but I'm having doubts after seeing these pictures.
I even sold my duo guage because DEVmoto can let me keep a single gauge. But the owner said I am the only case though. I know I myself can beef up the waterproof of it, but I think this is not the customer's job to do it. And I noticed there is a trace of water on my connector, I think the fitment between DEVmoto connector housing and the OEM male end connector is not perfect, but a few thousands missing.

· Registered
2021 Urban GS 40 Years
7 Posts
I know you can add the BMW rev counter kit to any R9T, you just have to make sure you get the right year. My 2017 Scrambler is different than the new Euro 5 bikes ('21 & '22). But I read somewhere there was a problem adding it to the Urban GS because of the headlight cowling. I've been searching for that and can't find it now. It's easy to install the bracket and gauges and wires, but you need to find someone who is sure it will fit behind the stock cowl. It's a different shape than the aftermarket ones, like Rizoma. I have the Rizoma and it fits no problem.
Have the rev counter in my 21 Urban. Fits no problem.

· Registered
2020, Urban GS
26 Posts
I even sold my duo guage because DEVmoto can let me keep a single gauge. But the owner said I am the only case though. I know I myself can beef up the waterproof of it, but I think this is not the customer's job to do it. And I noticed there is a trace of water on my connector, I think the fitment between DEVmoto connector housing and the OEM male end connector is not perfect, but a few thousands missing.
Just curious - if you’ve not taken your bike out in the rain how could water have got in there? Maybe your unit had moisture underneath the plastic cover from the factory?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So I am still insisting to add my rev counter on my Urban. I was writing to dealer in Wien, Austria and it seems like there are indeed some changes with new model of UGS.
According to them, the changes from Scrambler are few.
The narrownes of fairing can cause placement issues. If I have no problem removing fairing, more problems pop out:
Light is higher than on scrambler and the lenght and positioning of the fork prevent the dual cluster to be installed. .
So it seems like it can be mounter on 2022 scrambler but not Urban

Any advice on this?

· Super Moderator
2017 Pure
3,241 Posts
So I am still insisting to add my rev counter on my Urban. I was writing to dealer in Wien, Austria and it seems like there are indeed some changes with new model of UGS.
According to them, the changes from Scrambler are few.
The narrownes of fairing can cause placement issues. If I have no problem removing fairing, more problems pop out:
Light is higher than on scrambler and the lenght and positioning of the fork prevent the dual cluster to be installed. .
So it seems like it can be mounter on 2022 scrambler but not Urban

Any advice on this?

You are correct, there are limitations and not enough space. You can always go with the DK Design / Koso single gauge which will give you everything. Check out the post below.

· Registered
1 Posts
You are correct, there are limitations and not enough space. You can always go with the DK Design / Koso single gauge which will give you everything. Check out the post below.

I was reading about the Koso, but it lacks some things, what about heated grips? or driving modes? I couldn't find any information on these two functions. Also, I've read that the motor temperature for the UGS22 cannot be read by Koso. Can someone confirm or explain it to us better? Thanks!

· Registered
931 Posts
I was reading about the Koso, but it lacks some things, what about heated grips? or driving modes? I couldn't find any information on these two functions. Also, I've read that the motor temperature for the UGS22 cannot be read by Koso. Can someone confirm or explain it to us better? Thanks!
There is a display for "heated grips" (documented on the original thread) and there is the display for engine temp.

Not sure about "driving modes", have you asked Koso/DK Design about this?
Or
Have any of the members with the recent R9Ts installed the all-in-one gage, perhaps they could shed light on this.

· Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
1,138 Posts
The latest version for Eur5 has heated grip indicator when it is switched on and also displays the driving modes... The eng temp is displayed as a bar section, not actual temp.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts