BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Install Video Rev Counter - nineT Pure/Scrambler

Here's a how to (install) video I made showing you just how simple it is to add the RPM Tach. I personally think it completes the look. Form + Function FTW. Hopefully this helps people.

Video here:
https://youtu.be/cqIuJxBLqGc

Big thanks to ElJefe for providing the part numbers making this possible. Original thread here: http://www.ninetowners.com/forum/electronics/119362-2017-pure-add-rev-counter.html

Note* May or may not work for the R nineT Urban G/S. Someone please confirm.

Part Numbers:

46638558379 - Holder (Dual Gauge Brackets)
62118564506 - Revolution Counter
46638527780 - Screw M5x20/K53 Shield (QTY: 2)
46638521655 - Body Screw with Shoulder (QTY: 2)
62118558858 - Bracket F Instrument Cluster
62118567597 - Trim Panel Instruments Combi (Black)
64226916475 - Countersunk Head Screw (QTY: 1)
62118356970 - Grommet (QTY: 2)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rev counter installed

Thanks, sidestand, the video was an excellent "how to" for installing the rev counter on the Pure. I ordered the rev counter retro-fit package, all parts and fittings in a single kit. Your instructions made the project very straight forward. Thanks!

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
94 Posts
Install Video Rev Counter - nineT Pure/Scrambler

Here's a how to (install) video I made showing you just how simple it is to add the RPM Tach. I personally think it completes the look. Form + Function FTW. Hopefully this helps people.

I'll be trying to install it by myself thanks to your video. So thank you, it was very clear (a bit dark, to be honest 🙃 ) and convinced me to try doing it without asking the dealer.

One question, were you able to cut the zip tie to catch the plug below the tank, without the need to lift it up? I've been looking at it in my UGS and it seems a little "buried", it will not be easy to cut the zip tie through the narrow space...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,256 Posts
Do you or anyone else have the numbers for the Tacho/rev counter and the mounting bracket, and where to buy. I'm in the UK. Cheers.
@Tatmac I moved your post here. If you look at the fist post in this thread it has the best info for you.

If you do a search using the search bar you'll also find a lot of good information on your topic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts