BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodging storms this week and in this mornings window I went to explore the Col du Sanetsch and Barrage (dam) of Tseuzier, both sitting in the mountains above Sion.

The road up to Tseuzier is a bit fiddly but the view of the massive dam at the top is worth it.

The road up to the Col du Sanetsch is great fun and includes a couple of really long tunnels carved out of rock which were super sketchy after last night's storms.

Water resources Sky Water Mountain Cloud

Tseuzier dam and lake
Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape Highland

Lac du Sanetsch
Light Black Infrastructure Water Tree

Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
I can confirm the weather and add pics from the south side of the valley: lac de moiry馃槈

@DaveSnowPros: Notice, I did come back to 馃嚚馃嚟 despite the insane traffic fines鈥nd the prices. It is a gorgeous country indeed!
Sky Mountain Plant Natural landscape Highland

Cloud Sky Plant Wheel Tire

Sky Water resources Water Road surface Asphalt

Sky Mountain Cloud Snow Nature

Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
This tunnel tho :oops:
The Alps have plenty of those.
My fav is this one: Col du Parpaillon and the scary tunnel at the top (watch the video after min 4:36)

Mostly 100 yo WW1 reminders, used to carry heavy machinery & ammo up and dead bodies down鈥 a good reminder about how stupid mankind always was and probably always will be. Different language or religion, a different autocrat or resources. History doesn鈥檛 necessarily repeat, but certainly rhymes.

We just came from visiting one of those strategic forts between Italy and France on top of a mountain: my kiddos were certainly impressed.
Plant Bedrock Vegetation Grass Groundcover

Sky Grass Landscape Natural landscape Archaeological site

Bedrock Building Formation Sky Window

Sky Ecoregion Bedrock Terrain Mountain

Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
Sorry, @DaveSnowPros, I didn鈥檛 intend to sideswipe you thread. Please keep posting your great pictures of gorgeous 馃嚚馃嚟 !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Norbi, no problem for me. I might head up to Lac de Moiry myself. I just don't really like dead end roads, I like to do loops.

Good to see you came back 馃憤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts