BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my new-to-me NineT is retro, I'll ride it wearing my scuffed faded 20-year-old Aerostitch Roadcrafter one-piece, in black, of course. Elkskin roper gloves, BMW boots, and a full-cover HTC helmet, in gray to match the tank.

What are you riding in? Custom leathers? Joe Rocket? Jeans and a Jefferson Airplane tee shirt?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since my new-to-me NineT is retro, I'll ride it wearing my scuffed faded 20-year-old Aerostitch Roadcrafter one-piece, in black, of course. Elkskin roper gloves, BMW boots, and a full-cover HTC helmet, in gray to match the tank.

What are you riding in? Custom leathers? Joe Rocket? Jeans and a Jefferson Airplane tee shirt?
Shoes: - TCX Street Ace, Alpinestars Parlor, or Dianese Street Biker Air

Pants: Street and Steel Oakland Jeans or Alpinestars Oxygen Air over-pants

Jacket: Bilt Techo Mesh or Motokit Speed Black Leather

Helmet: Shoei RF-1200 (white)

Gloves: Sedici Ultimo or Alpinestars Valparaiso DS

Back Protectors: D30 T5 or Viper 2

ATGATT, I was rocking some Levi's for a while. I had to get some real riding jeans. Overpants are great. But, they can be inconvenient at times.

I prefer to keep my skin. I'm a human, not a hamburger.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts

Check out urbanrider.co.uk they ship worldwide but you may find it just useful for brand ideas and source locally

·
Registered
125 Posts
I mainly ride to commute to work, so gear is adjusted accordingly.

Shoes: sturdy leather boots (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPHDSXW)

Pants: jeans mostly

Jacket: custom leather jacket from Johnson Leather in SF (http://www.johnsonleather.com/) - based on N-200 but longer (i'm 6'2" with a long torso) and snap down collar, zippered vents in the arms, perforated back shoulder bits for air flow, no armor

Helmet: Bell PitBoss half helmet with sunglasses (day) and clear eye shield (night) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TNCZL4)

Gloves: BMW ProSport or AirFlow gloves, depending on weather

Back: none

·
Registered
135 Posts
I usually wear normal jeans like Diesels or Reply. But even though I love my Air Jordans retro4 I do use my Gaerne balance oiled boots allot. When worm and through the city Diesel Hijack half helmet with a neck warmer, but when going faster my old AGV GPPro. I plan to get a new Shoei glamster or RYD this summer. RSD Ronin black leather jacket and Fuel Rodeo gloves or Icon short gloves.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I wear a leather jacket, or a waterproof jacket if it looks like rain, gloves, helmet, regular jeans or canvas moleskins and boots.
If i'm out and about i wear my work boots, if i'm just riding i wear my new Forma "Terra Evo Low" which are sensational and we will see but they appear to be indestructible

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thinking about getting a more "casual" jacket or something. With the Oakland jeans I feel like I can blend in anywhere if I had the right jacket. Hmmmm....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Cropduster I like the Tera evo low Forma boots, however my Gaerne Balance oiled boots are the best trails boots you can buy today. Only quite expensive. But so comfort oriented it's nuts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Cropduster I like the Tera evo low Forma boots, however my Gaerne Balance oiled boots are the best trails boots you can buy today. Only quite expensive. But so comfort oriented it's nuts

never seen them, we don't get the full range of anything being such a small market, i like Gaerne, their race boots are so comfortable!
The Terra's are a xmas present from my wife, i like them, they're pretty sturdy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Helmet
Arai Defiant X in modern grey

Late spring/summer/Early fall
Rev'it Tracer 2 jacket
Rev'it Alpha RF chinos
Stylmartin Raptor Evo shoes
BMW Urban gloves or Rev'it Crater 2 gloves

Late Fall/Winter/Early Spring
Rev'it Stewart Jacket
Rev'it Alpha RF chinos
Rev'it Sirius 2 gloves
BMW Ride Sneakers or Rev'it Mohawk 2 boots
Rev'it or Dianese long underwear

·
Registered
111 Posts
I picked up a pair of the BMW Ride jeans in the Spring, and after wearing them most of the season I'm somewhat surprised to say they are now my favorite riding pant. The jean material must have kevlar woven in to it - it feels thick, heavy and like it would stand up to a long slide. The pants come with knee and hip armour. I thought they would be hot, based on the thickness - no! They breathe well and are comfortable in hot weather.

Also new for this year - the Klim Cayenne Pro glove. THE most comfortable glove I've ever had, and lots of protection. Plus looks awesome. Worked in beautifully over the summer. Seems like they will hold up well. Quality glove. 'Nuff said.

Third big score for this past season - the new BMW Flow boots. Top boot for hot weather - as the name says they flow lots of air, are comfortable even for walking and provide decent protection (I think - have not tested that). They fit slightly large - I'm normally a 10 and they are roomy, but 10 is still fine for me.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts

I ride in Aerostich as well, but in my case the leather two piece Transit 2 suit with integrated armour. It changed my riding, the suit is waterproof without needing to add a rain liner, and the ceramic coating makes it pretty comfortable to at least 30s Celsius. That all means basically year round riding in the same gear here in Melbourne, Australia. Rest of the gear, BMW touring boots (option of a couple other boots including a Stylmartin that can pass with a business suit). Variety of gloves, a usually wear a full face shoei.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts