BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I am 68 years with two replacement knees and two back surgeries in the last 10 years.
I just bought a Pure and had to do something about the ergonomics for my condition. I did 3 things.
1) Heli-bar risers. One inch higher and more than an inch rearward. Less strain on the lower back.
2) Knight Designs foot pegs. I measured 1 & 1/2" inches of drop.
3) Bead Buddy. Installed on seat for about another 1/2 inch of height.
So with a combined drop of 2 inches to the pegs and relief for the back, the bike fits my old bones just right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Cropduster,
Got one of those now, looks like I’ll have to take the Grip Puppy off to use it.
Thanks again,Ken.
Ken.B. you can get them with a much smaller paddle and they fit over the Grip Puppies. I have one on my Scrambler and it is installed on top of the Grip Puppies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ken.B. you can get them with a much smaller paddle and they fit over the Grip Puppies. I have one on my Scrambler and it is installed on top of the Grip Puppies.
Hi Brucester,
Do you have a link for that one?
I dumped mine, but would like to try one with smaller paddle, more so if it goes over Grip Puppies.
Regards, Ken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Brucester,
Do you have a link for that one?
I dumped mine, but would like to try one with smaller paddle, more so if it goes over Grip Puppies.
Regards, Ken.
Ken.B. this should work.

Brucester

·
Registered
182 Posts
I love those cramp buster devices. I use it way more than my throttle lock on the freeway. I think it cost me about $6 too.

Overall I find my Pure to be quite comfortable, but I've always owned sport bikes so its all relative. Another few years and I'll be onto the "old dude" bikes for sure. R1250RS, S1000XR or a Multistrada are on my shopping list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love those cramp buster devices. I use it way more than my throttle lock on the freeway. I think it cost me about $6 too.

Overall I find my Pure to be quite comfortable, but I've always owned sport bikes so its all relative. Another few years and I'll be onto the "old dude" bikes for sure. R1250RS, S1000XR or a Multistrada are on my shopping list.
I went that way when I turned 60 but at 64 have come back to the RnineT Scrambler and love it so far.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts