BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking to replace the OEM front fender as I put a fairly nice scratch on it and was thinking about the Rizoma offering. It would also mean one less pc of plastic on the bike.

The only concern I have is that it uses the stock fender mounts which are aluminum color and the Rizoma fender is also Alum color. I'm thinking this may be too much of that color and wont look right.

The pictures they show with the fender mounted on the bike show the fender mounts painted black so it gives it some inverse OEM look which is nice but I'm thinking that maybe without painting the fender mounts it will be too much silver. Any thoughts?

Also the Rizoma flyscreen is Alum color but if you look at the pictures it shows the headliht bezel painted black for that offset look. I have the same concern with this in that if you leave the headlight bezel the stock Alum color the flyscreen with just be too much silver with no contrast.

I'm looking for feedback from those with creative minds who can picture what these accessories would look like while maintianing the OEM silver bits.

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
S1000rr fenders fit as well. Have it hydro dipped in a cool pattern or do it black with a aluminum center stripe

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to pick up this tread for a moment. While watching the snow melting and waiting for the season, I have a question. The aftermarket front fenders (front fender only to a nine T) made from aluminum are either rather expensive 150 - 200$ og cheap Chines products in the range of 40 - 50$. This is not a high tech product with small tolerance and at pictures they look very similar - and my question is: does anybody has any comparative experience with this and can tell me the difference.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I want to pick up this tread for a moment. While watching the snow melting and waiting for the season, I have a question. The aftermarket front fenders (front fender only to a nine T) made from aluminum are either rather expensive 150 - 200$ og cheap Chines products in the range of 40 - 50$. This is not a high tech product with small tolerance and at pictures they look very similar - and my question is: does anybody has any comparative experience with this and can tell me the difference.

@Ojoh you get what you pay for in my experience. If you can afford a better product then buy it once rather than waste your money twice. This one is from Unit Garage. It might not be to everyone's taste but the quality is excellent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, usually my experience is according to your advice «you get what you pay for» - but in this case it is the fender only - not the side brackets and no screws. Does the Chinese use crap metal, bad finish or?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts