BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,312 Posts
Excellent video, well put together, it was a pleasure to watch.
Thanks for sharing. (y)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing! I'm currently contemplating getting those mirrors, are you happy with them?
Yeah, I'm definitely happy with them. I'm not going to tell you that they are as functional as the stock mirrors... they're not. However, that being said, they do function and they also just clean up the front of the bike so nicely! You could even make an argument that they clean up the riders front view by removing the stock mirrors. I've always been a rider that checks the mirror and then I'll throw a quick look over my shoulder before switching lanes so a little less mirror functionality is not going to bother me much.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Racer
12 Posts
Yeah, I'm definitely happy with them. I'm not going to tell you that they are as functional as the stock mirrors... they're not. However, that being said, they do function and they also just clean up the front of the bike so nicely! You could even make an argument that they clean up the riders front view by removing the stock mirrors. I've always been a rider that checks the mirror and then I'll throw a quick look over my shoulder before switching lanes so a little less mirror functionality is not going to bother me much.
I tried to reach out to you through the comments on YouTube, but no response. Is there any fitment issues with the adapters if you have the factory heated grips? Also, can the mirror attachment be mounted pointing down with the mirror inboard, under the grip? Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 R Nine T
23 Posts
Amazing video both quality and content ! This is on my next to do mod list . Cheers !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to reach out to you through the comments on YouTube, but no response. Is there any fitment issues with the adapters if you have the factory heated grips? Also, can the mirror attachment be mounted pointing down with the mirror inboard, under the grip? Thanks!
Just responded to your on the YouTube channel, thought I should respond here as well incase someone else wants the information.
The mirrors come pre-assembled, you just use the adapter to bolt it onto the bar. Not sure what "end caps" Rizoma is referring to. I know that they have some bar end turn signals, perhaps that is what they are talking about. My Racer has heated grips as well, no issue there at all. I took a look to see if they could be mounted inward, it looks like it may be possible but I can't tell for sure without disassembling the mirror. I would send that question to Rizoma. That being said, I feel like I'd possibly hit my fingers/knuckles on them when grabbing the grip if they were mounted inward.

·
Registered
BMW R NineT Scrambler 2019
4 Posts
I recently installed the Rizoma Spy mirrors on the Racer. I made a video highlighting the process and results.
I'm very happy with the bar end mirrors. It really cleans up the front of the Racer IMO.

The videos you produced and posted in YouTube are just amazing! One quick question... how do you feel about the position of your band end mirrors? If installed on a less aggressive position (i.e. R9T Scrambler) would you go for the down or up position of the mirrors? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
252 Posts
Very nice and well made video

Have the same mirrors and also mounted them outwards facing. Gives a great view to what’s behind you.

Only problem is if you let the bike fall over ( which could happens ) it will probably cost a new mirror and they aren’t cheap

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts