BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
494 Posts
I'm not sure you can just go joining and looking for a riding gang just like that. You have to work your way up to that. Join the forum, contribute, get in some pointless but heated arguments. That sort of thing.

· Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Howdy from Texas too …… Welcome. 🤔 Advice: Ride with a group of your choice as a novice or possible pledge for a while, say 6 months before you commit to anything … There are many types of social events available to Riders including weekend rides for food and beers that don’t require you to join or pledge anything ……… look into it ! Google it, local papers, ask other bikers …… it’s happening but until you find your niche, it’s going to feel a little odd. Water seeks its own level so when you’re comfortable …. Dig in. BeWell and StayUpOn2 ………………………………………….. Blitz

Reactions: Baloo

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
2,253 Posts
I think he's just asking if there's any like-minded riders in the area I don't think he's trying to join an MC. ;)
@Erwin Just stick around here find some riders close. Attend events at the local bmw dealership maybe the Triumph shop too. Maybe join the MOA or the RA. Good luck and happy riding.

Hi, greetings from Chicago
Is there any RnineT community or riding group in chicago area? Especially downtown or nearest burbs?
Thank you!

· Administrator
13,865 Posts
Welcome aboard, get involved in the forum and you'll hopefully get to know a lot of great members here, and probably a couple that stay in your neighbourhood.

· Premium Member
350 Posts
I usually ride alone, however when the weather warms I will ride with my son and his friends. They were enthusiastic when I told them I would spring for a BBQ lunch. My son and his friends are always busy, so you have to schedule a time in advance. I'm glad he has a life and and isn't always hanging around. Now if he would get a serious girlfriend that would be event better!

· Premium Member
3,456 Posts
I usually ride alone, however when the weather warms I will ride with my son and his friends. They were enthusiastic when I told them I would spring for a BBQ lunch. My son and his friends are alway busy, so you have to schedue a time in advance. I'm glad he has a life and and isn't always hanging around. Now if he would get a serous girlfriend that would be event better!
I always ride alone too …. Then if I feel mischievous I can cut up and no one will know but me…. However on ..This particular day I joined up with a few of my friends for a pint……. Naaaaa, just kidding …. This was an organized ride to raise money for foster kids called “The TeddyBear Run” usually brings thousands of riders from all around Dallas ……… All the rival gangs too .. Seems like all the stupid things that keep us apart as grown adults we completely put aside when it comes to helping care for the children … ALL the children. The police shut down everything in our way and many people and children stand on bridges and line the streets to wave as we rode by. Even bad bikers have good hearts, besides there’s a huge party at the rendezvous point………………what constitutes a bad biker is when your standing on the wrong side of his good ………………so move………………please !……………….. Blitz ✌🏻😎 Sky Motor vehicle Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,659 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋
Start riding around your local area and stop regularly at coffee shops. With a nineT you'll attract other riders!

Reactions: BlitzSchnell

· Registered
494 Posts
Start riding around your local area and stop regularly at coffee shops. With a nineT you'll attract other riders!
In my region a beautiful bike like ours barely turns heads. They like vehicles a bit more like these. The motorcycle is locally owned.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 Scrambler
172 Posts
Hi, greetings from Chicago
Is there any RnineT community or riding group in chicago area? Especially downtown or nearest burbs?
Thank you!
There is no R NineT group that I know of. Wish there was...

That said, the local BMW owners group uses telegram to coordinate rides. They are dominated by GS/GSA/RT riders though. There is also FTLG (For the Love of Gas) which is a nice group of riders (not BMW-specific) who get together regularly in the warmer months.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure you can just go joining and looking for a riding gang just like that. You have to work your way up to that. Join the forum, contribute, get in some pointless but heated arguments. That sort of thing.
thank you for your advice, seems like i asking too rude im sorry.
Thats just a “culture” in my country, so everyone ask and go for a ride together and build some great connection. Thats our way
But im glad youre give some advice because im already move to US so i need more knowledge on “motorcycle culture” here

· Registered
494 Posts
thank you for your advice, seems like i asking too rude im sorry.
Thats just a “culture” in my country, so everyone ask and go for a ride together and build some great connection. Thats our way
But im glad youre give some advice because im already move to US so i need more knowledge on “motorcycle culture” here
Erwin, my whole post was intended as a joke. I saw you joined here in the US and assumed you know the type of humor used here. It is perfectly OK to find people to ride with you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts