BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SW Motech gear arrived with Santa. First impressions are positive. Very well made, all the bits and pieces were present. All bolts up and clips on perfectly. The torque wrench settings of 9.7 N-m made me laugh. Precision.

I bought the SLC side carrier, universal adapter plate and I already had a rotopax mount and 1.75 gallon can.

I'll do a blue loctite installation this weekend but the trial fit was perfect.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
Please post photos when you have the installation complete. I change my bikes configuration around frequently and want to have this option when travelling off the beaten path.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please post photos when you have the installation complete. I change my bikes configuration around frequently and want to have this option when travelling off the beaten path.
Forgot this.. here ya go!

OK, it's not perfect. The rotopax sits a little high and makes slight contact with the back of my thigh when sitting. It's better now I have the sheepskin as this has lifted me. It also won't fit if the passenger footpeg is raised, you need to have the peg in the down position. I have a plate adapter which will allow me to turn the rotopax 90 degrees to lower the height and I might try that if it bothers me longer term.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
Hey Pariah

That looks great, especially on the GS. Thanks for posting photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts