BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided this was the best option for the look I wanted in my Racer. Didn’t know much about RP tuning, not many reviews. But I must say it’s a solid piece. Well made, and sounds great. It has sound deadening material on the inside. And I kept my flapper installed to help with the noise level. Very responsive company and shipped quickly and well packaged. If you have a question about it I’m happy to answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I decided this was the best option for the look I wanted in my Racer. Didn’t know much about RP tuning, not many reviews. But I must say it’s a solid piece. Well made, and sounds great. It has sound deadening material on the inside. And I kept my flapper installed to help with the noise level. Very responsive company and shipped quickly and well packaged. If you have a question about it I’m happy to answer. View attachment 131852 View attachment 131853
Looks great, I'm looking for the same look. Considering the Pro-Race but this one looks like it has a better finish. If you don't mind, how much was it? Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
221 Posts
Well I decided this was the best option for the look I wanted in my Racer. Didn’t know much about RP tuning, not many reviews. But I must say it’s a solid piece. Well made, and sounds great. It has sound deadening material on the inside. And I kept my flapper installed to help with the noise level. Very responsive company and shipped quickly and well packaged. If you have a question about it I’m happy to answer. View attachment 131852 View attachment 131853
Looks good, I was considering this but the company advised me it was over 90 decibels so wasn’t sure if it’d be too loud

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t find it too bad, and it passes our inspection here where I live. That means with the exhaust valve still in place it’s under 90 dB. Price was €300/$350 USD expensive for its size but a quality part. Also they are now offering it with an available dB killer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t find it too bad, and it passes our inspection here where I live. That means with the exhaust valve still in place it’s under 90 dB. Price was €300/$350 USD expensive for its size but a quality part. Also they are now offering it with an available dB killer
hey, I’m in Toronto. Just wondering where you ordered the RP exahaust?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm looking at getting this exhaust and cross shopping vs the Mass Moto pipes, G&G GP stealth system and Unit Garage high pipe. I'm after something that reveals the rear wheel 1, retains and maybe slightly amplifies/exaggerates the deep rumble of the stock twin exhaust 2, isn't much louder than stock especially at cruising speed / constant throttle 3, looks good 4. This slip on seems to fit the bill the best of the four based on what i've been able to find online, but i'm a little concerned that it might be too loud or drone in real life. Is it much louder than the standard system? Does it retain a deep note? Does it drone painfully on the highway?

I prefer the look of the unit garage but the sound seems very dirt-bike like, the mass moto sounds great but looks a bit too harley-esque for me and maybe a bit loud, the G&G seems middle of the road but 3-4 times the price of this slip-on (not that that's a primary decision maker - it'll just cost more in the long run in my experience).

Any comments or thoughts? Anyone else running this muffler?

Cheers, Dom

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm looking at getting this exhaust and cross shopping vs the Mass Moto pipes, G&G GP stealth system and Unit Garage high pipe. I'm after something that reveals the rear wheel 1, retains and maybe slightly amplifies/exaggerates the deep rumble of the stock twin exhaust 2, isn't much louder than stock especially at cruising speed / constant throttle 3, looks good 4. This slip on seems to fit the bill the best of the four based on what i've been able to find online, but i'm a little concerned that it might be too loud or drone in real life. Is it much louder than the standard system? Does it retain a deep note? Does it drone painfully on the highway?

I prefer the look of the unit garage but the sound seems very dirt-bike like, the mass moto sounds great but looks a bit too harley-esque for me and maybe a bit loud, the G&G seems middle of the road but 3-4 times the price of this slip-on (not that that's a primary decision maker - it'll just cost more in the long run in my experience).

Any comments or thoughts? Anyone else running this muffler?

Cheers, Dom
It sounds nice and deep, and it does add some drone at highway speeds. I don’t find it bad. It keeps me legal here, so I can’t complain. But I still have a CAT and the flapper on the bike. I like the short GP style
And since I can’t stand that almost every single exhaust out there for the bike is Megaphone style this fit the bill. I know it’s a retro bike. But megaphones went out of style in the 70’s.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It sounds nice and deep, and it does add some drone at highway speeds. I don’t find it bad. It keeps me legal here, so I can’t complain. But I still have a CAT and the flapper on the bike. I like the short GP style
And since I can’t stand that almost every single exhaust out there for the bike is Megaphone style this fit the bill. I know it’s a retro bike. But megaphones went out of style in the 70’s.
Thanks mate. Sounds like it might be the ticket for me. Do you have the removable dB killer? I'm hoping that will provide an option to reduce drone and overall levels when riding further or with my partner riding pillion etc.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers, Dom

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks mate. Sounds like it might be the ticket for me. Do you have the removable dB killer? I'm hoping that will provide an option to reduce drone and overall levels when riding further or with my partner riding pillion etc.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers, Dom
When I purchased mine they didn’t offer a dB killer. But, they have been kind enough to offer for me to send mine in to have it fitted if I want to have a dB killer. But I like it as is so no need for it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got my RPTuning muffler yesterday. Looks like a quality piece. Took less than 2 min to fit. Had a very short ride and am worried it's a little too loud for my taste. Would need to wear plugs I think. That's with the dB killer in. Significantly louder than stock. No droning or noise at steady state but under acceleration it's pretty loud. Not sure if obnoxiously so. I wouldn't be running it with dB killer out that's for sure.

Need to ride it a bit more. May end up selling it.

Cheers, Dom

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got my RPTuning muffler yesterday. Looks like a quality piece. Took less than 2 min to fit. Had a very short ride and am worried it's a little too loud for my taste. Would need to wear plugs I think. That's with the dB killer in. Significantly louder than stock. No droning or noise at steady state but under acceleration it's pretty loud. Not sure if obnoxiously so. I wouldn't be running it with dB killer out that's for sure.

View attachment 136125

View attachment 136126

Need to ride it a bit more. May end up selling it.

Cheers, Dom
Hey, sucks you find it too loud. I wear plugs all the time. I honestly didn’t find it that bad.
Coming from HD’s and Buell. I very much enjoy mine. I thought with the dB killer in it would be even more quiet than mine. But I still have the factory exhaust and Cat in place. Do you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey, sucks you find it too loud. I wear plugs all the time. I honestly didn’t find it that bad.
Coming from HD’s and Buell. I very much enjoy mine. I thought with the dB killer in it would be even more quiet than mine. But I still have the factory exhaust and Cat in place. Do you?
Yeah I think with plugs it would be fine - not painfully loud without either, but i could see it being fatiguing and probably also affect hearing long term lol. I need to get some opinions on noise from off the bike or get a mate to ride it past / around me to see how it sounds from people nearby. I don't want to be annoyingly loud - i felt self consious when riding it.

I tried without dB killers for about 1min around the block and it was a fair bit louder again. Too loud at lower rpm / throttle opening for me for sure.

I may end up fitting it for times I feel like making noise and run stock day to day or when going somewhere with my wife on the back.

Cheers, Dom

1 - 20 of 44 Posts