BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My racer runs fine, no re tune. Anything after the cat shouldn’t have a large effect on the fuelling system. That’s not to say that a re tune wouldn’t be a good thing, and I never ran it on a dyno for actual AFR, but given the amount of people running pipes on the forum it appears they are fairly safe

·
Registered
R Nine T, 2019
8 Posts
Well I rode it again with the dB killer in and had my brother listed from the roadside. He said it didn't sound loud enough for him lol. He also didn't like the slightly tinny/metallic sound with the dB killer. He much preferred the sound of the muffler without dB killer but it's too loud for me. So i turned up an aluminium (7075) addition to the dB killer. 50mm long. This adds some mass to the dB killer and eliminates the raspy/tinny sound and also reduced the overall sound level. Sounds cleaner. I like it a lot now. Not sure if the added back pressure will affect Hp or Torque at all but I didn't notice yet. Will try back to back when i get the chance.

View attachment 136257
Hi Dom,
I am owner of quite similar looking bike as you have. I even bought the RP Tuning exhaust last week. (I am form Czech Republic, so communicated straight with the company here, although I also never went there in person.
Look amazing, but it just hurts my ears (even with DB killer) This thing is way too loud.
Did you manage to make it significantly more silent? I am thinking if there is even any way to fix it or I will just resell it.
My idea was to get deeper sound. Not necessarily louder. RP is loud, and more metal sounding rather then deep.

I am happy to get to know how you managed it at the end.
Ivan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Dom,
I am owner of quite similar looking bike as you have. I even bought the RP Tuning exhaust last week. (I am form Czech Republic, so communicated straight with the company here, although I also never went there in person.
Look amazing, but it just hurts my ears (even with DB killer) This thing is way too loud.
Did you manage to make it significantly more silent? I am thinking if there is even any way to fix it or I will just resell it.
My idea was to get deeper sound. Not necessarily louder. RP is loud, and more metal sounding rather then deep.

I am happy to get to know how you managed it at the end.
Ivan

View attachment 143895
View attachment 143896
Hi Ivan,

In the end I couldn't come to like the sound so I recently sold mine as well. I didn't object to the volume as much as the tone - it made the bike sound lazy, more like a Harley, to me - each pulse was too pronounced and the frequency of each pulse too low. I prefer a deeper but more blended sound - not sure how to describe that, but I guess a deeper 'smoother' sound vs a deeper but discrete slower-rate impulsive sound that the RP has. I couldn't fix that and it wasn't what I was after. I prefer the stock exhaust for now.

Cheers, Dom

·
Registered
R Nine T, 2019
8 Posts
Hi Ivan,

In the end I couldn't come to like the sound so I recently sold mine as well. I didn't object to the volume as much as the tone - it made the bike sound lazy, more like a Harley, to me - each pulse was too pronounced and the frequency of each pulse too low. I prefer a deeper but more blended sound - not sure how to describe that, but I guess a deeper 'smoother' sound vs a deeper but discrete slower-rate impulsive sound that the RP has. I couldn't fix that and it wasn't what I was after. I prefer the stock exhaust for now.

Cheers, Dom
I can't agree more,
Thanks for confirmation Dom!
Cheers!
Ivan

41 - 44 of 44 Posts