BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I new early on that I would be replacing the seat on my RNinet. After talking with my dealer, they suggested looking at what Sargent had to offer. Friday, I received the new seat as well as a replacement cover for the passenger. The seat looks great. But I wasn't interested in a good looking seat, I needed something that would allow me to ride for a couple of hours without going numb.
This seat does just that. Initially, I was a little apprehensive on how comfortable the seat would be. It may be slightly wider, but it does not appear to be any thicker. I gave it an initial test on Sunday and it felt great. I'm looking forward to some long rides this summer.

I have no connection to Sargent...It was nearly a year from its initial delivery date, I found that a little annoying...but it now sees worth it.

Bill

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've used Sargent seats in the past on a R1100S. Very big improvement in comfort.

I did inquire if they would have options available such as different vinyl textures, colors, and stitching. Unfortunately they only offer a very nice pleated brown and basic black versions at this time. Later in the year they say options will become available.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@Billw - How easy is it to put on the passenger cover? Their website has a link to instructions but it doesn't work. I figure it has to be easier than the driver seat. I've been thinking about this option but I'm thinking that what I might needs is something more narrow, not wider.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Photos Bill please, got a Sargent seat on my S1000R, I can ride all day now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have installed the passenger cover. To be honest, I got it just in case. I would like to see if I could re-foam the seat with the same foam that they used in my new rider seat.

Bill

·
Registered
310 Posts
Had an excellent 200 mile ride up the cost yesterday. The last 70 miles were brutal on my rear. Ordered this as soon as I got home.

Anyone else have one?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a Sargent seat on my bike. Very happy with it. The foam is better shaped and much firmer than the factory seat.
nice! look like you have a blue planet edition too. LOVE that paint.

Did you fit the passenger cover on? wondering how much of a pain that will be

·
Registered
366 Posts
I did not buy the passenger seat cover because I planned to remove the rear seat support to mount the high exhaust.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I did not buy the passenger seat cover because I planned to remove the rear seat support to mount the high exhaust.
How long did it take to get your seat? I ordered mine over a month ago and I still can't seem to get an answer as to when it will be shipped. At this point I might just ask for a refund and get a mustang seat

·
Registered
366 Posts
Be patient. My seat took more than two months from order to delivery; but it was worth the wait. Sargent Cycle is located in Jacksonville, Florida; so you may be facing additional weather-related delays.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Be patient. My seat took more than two months from order to delivery; but it was worth the wait. Sargent Cycle is located in Jacksonville, Florida; so you may be facing additional weather-related delays.
Yeah, I think I'll just wait it out. I'm just tired of my ass killing me after 150 miles haha

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered one for my Scrambler back in late July. Took 20 days from date of order to arrive in Canada, and another almost 17 days to clear customs and get to me (excuse for the latter was a big backlog in customs, which is out of the ordinary; normally it takes only a couple of days at most).

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Sargent seat on my bike. Very happy with it. The foam is better shaped and much firmer than the factory seat.
Can you comment on the changes to the seat from the stock one? Is it any wider or taller? What about the slope from front to back. On thing I have noticed is that the stock seat is too flat and allows you to slide back under heavy acceleration. I am looking for something that give a slight rise towards the back of the seat to prevent that.

Thanks for any comments!

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Sargent seat is the same height but wider. It is also somewhat concave in the center compared to the flat stock seat, which might help the sliding problem. I have been happy with mine so far.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am looking for something that give a slight rise towards the back of the seat to prevent that.
The seat on my Racer is shaped a little differently from the stock seat on my standard R9T. The Racer seat has a slight rise toward the back. But rather than order a Racer seat from BMW, I would look into having a custom seat maker rebuild your existing seat to make it exactly what you want. The cost will be similar to buying another seat from BMW. One seat maker I can recommend is Seth Laam in Redding, California. Check out his website.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The seat on my Racer is shaped a little differently from the stock seat on my standard R9T. The Racer seat has a slight rise toward the back. But rather than order a Racer seat from BMW, I would look into having a custom seat maker rebuild your existing seat to make it exactly what you want. The cost will be similar to buying another seat from BMW. One seat maker I can recommend is Seth Laam in Redding, California. Check out his website.

Cool, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The Sargent seat is the same height but wider. It is also somewhat concave in the center compared to the flat stock seat... I have been happy with mine so far.
How happy? Is it a 500 or 600 mi/day seat?

2015 R Nine T. The stock seat is/was an absolute disaster. It's numb butt in 20 minutes. The BMW Custom seat is a plank but better than the OE seat.It's really good for "spirited" riding, it connects you to the bike, but it's not good for longer, runnin' down the road, type rides.

I got the Mustang Vintage Solo front seat which is better but there's still a half tank plus of fuel left when the torture point arrives. I'm wanting something better.

Anyone else with time on their Sargent seat (or other if you've got an all day seat) care to opine?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts