BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening

I can’t decide on which Conic sc project pipe to go for. There’s the standard conic, which is similar to the Akra, which seems the go to choice by many. Or the bent conic, just wondered if anyone had the bent conic? Any pictures? As I can’t seem to find any decent ones on the web. I’m guessing sound would be similar

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Evening

I can’t decide on which Conic sc project pipe to go for. There’s the standard conic, which is similar to the Akra, which seems the go to choice by many. Or the bent conic, just wondered if anyone had the bent conic? Any pictures? As I can’t seem to find any decent ones on the web. I’m guessing sound would be similar

Cheers
I'm looking at SC Project too for my imminent UGS. I like the look of the standard Conic or the S1 but not a fan of the bent conic. Best UK price I've seen so far for the std Conic is £339 at Conquest Carbon although not in stock so could be a bit of a wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I do like the S1 but its is way out of my price range! I don't think the pictures on the SC Project website does the Bent conic much justice to be fair. Nice to see you are a local lad Fozzy :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Titanium Conic Silencer (Standard), and I love it! Previously, I have been an ardent supporter of Akrapovic. I still love their products, however I simply find SC Project to be of an even greater quality. It should be noted that the Standard Conic, in addition to being made from titanium like the comparable Akrapovic silencer, but it's also a bit smaller. The bent Conic is made from stainless steel, and is even a but smaller than the titanium Conic. There is also the 70's Conic, again made from stainless, and it is narrower than the previous two, but it's longer. Both the standard ti Conic and the bent Conic in stainless have a removable baffle. I do not believe that the 70s Conic has a baffle at all. I run mine with the baffle out and the exhaust valve still in place. The sound is louder than stock, but not to an unpleasant or 'illegal' degree. It has an even better tone than stock too. Performance gains can be summed up by weight loss. It weighs 1/3 of what the stock silencer weighs, so that's pretty awesome, I think.

As I mentioned, I love my SC Project Conic. I have admittedly questioned whether I should have gone with the 70s Conic to fit the more retro aesthetic of my bike. Realistically, I still think I made the right decision for me. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them.

What it looks like up close (Old photo from day of install):

How it looks in the overall aesthetic of the R9T:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cool, I do like the S1 but its is way out of my price range! I don't think the pictures on the SC Project website does the Bent conic much justice to be fair. Nice to see you are a local lad Fozzy :)
I'll PM you if I see it cheaper, maybe you could do likewise. That way we don't risk the wrath of the moderator0:) Where did you get your R Nine from ? locally ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So from the lovely pic of your bike Jonny i decided to bite the bullet today and went for the titanium conic :) I got it direct from sc project, i couldn't find it anywhere else in stock so went straight to the horses mouth £349.00

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll PM you if I see it cheaper, maybe you could do likewise. That way we don't risk the wrath of the moderator0:) Where did you get your R Nine from ? locally ?
I'll keep a look out but i went straight to sc project and got from their website! I got it from CJ Ball :) will be a year of ownership come April! Need new tires and a service before the weather starts to pick up

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was perfectly happy with the stock exhaust, then read this post! That's lovely and matches the bike nicely.

I had a search and couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. Fozzy, PM me if you find it at reduced price and I'll do the same? Else I'll go direct, like Jay did.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I made a very spontaneous purchase today, and am glad I did! I went by Motovation USA's shop in Austin and bought a SC project titanium conic. I had the high mount Akropovic and switched it out with the low mount SC project today. It sounds so much better! It definitely has a lower tone and isn't as "harsh" loud as the Akro. Will be selling all of the Akro components now.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I've ridden about 300 miles with the new SC Project exhaust. It is fantastic. Not too loud, and a lower tone. So glad I switched it from the Akro. Again, the Akro sounded OK, this is just better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have just ordered the CR-T. IMO the best looking exhaust around for the bike. I just hope it sounds as good as it looks and that the delivery is fast.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree it is the best looking exhaust (maybe with the Unit Garage) but since it does not come with a DB Killer i have read it is a loud one... wait’n’see for yours to arrive and keep us updated!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I quite fancy the Conic myself, seems like good value and one of the nicest looking cans available. Conquest appear to be the only UK dealer and they don't keep any stock, so maybe it's best to go SC Project direct.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree it is the best looking exhaust (maybe with the Unit Garage) but since it does not come with a DB Killer i have read it is a loud one... wait’n’see for yours to arrive and keep us updated!!
I will post plenty of pictures and a video once it arrives. I dont mind it being loud as long as it sounds good and the very few vids ive seen it does seem to sound great. fingers crossed

I quite fancy the Conic myself, seems like good value and one of the nicest looking cans available. Conquest appear to be the only UK dealer and they don't keep any stock, so maybe it's best to go SC Project direct.
yeah thats right i werent sure to order from them or direct from SC but as soon as they told me they dont carry any stock i thought it would be just as quick, if not quicker to get it from the horses mouth. Im hearing it will be around 2 weeks delivery based on other people who have ordered from them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did a long run with the SC Project end can and I have to say, I love it. It’s a great sound compared to the acro, money well spent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just ordered the CR-T. IMO the best looking exhaust around for the bike. I just hope it sounds as good as it looks and that the delivery is fast.
Did you receive your exhaust yet? Did you go for the single CRT or the dual? I'm considering the single CRT for my racer but haven't seen anyone else with one, even the dual I can only find two short clips on YouTube for the sound. Hope you like it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts