BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi wonderful people ... a belated Happy New Year!

I have a question hoping someone might be able to help.

Was about to bite the bullet and put in order for an SC Project S1 exhaust for my 2018 R Nine T [A late Xmas present for myself :) ]

However, when i contacted SC Project they told me that:

"The product line is tested only for the euro 3 model so we cannot confirm that 100 % that it will fit without problems. Unfortunately we do not have a specific product for the euro 4 model ... we never tested it directly here on our headquarter but we know some customer fitted it."

GUTTED!

I was wondering if anyone here has fitted one on a 2018 or later model?

I should add that headers are stock.

Your help, thoughts, guidance would be hugely appreciated

Mus

·
Registered
R NineT Pure - 2017
36 Posts
Hi wonderful people ... a belated Happy New Year!

I have a question hoping someone might be able to help.

Was about to bite the bullet and put in order for an SC Project S1 exhaust for my 2018 R Nine T [A late Xmas present for myself :) ]

However, when i contacted SC Project they told me that:

"The product line is tested only for the euro 3 model so we cannot confirm that 100 % that it will fit without problems. Unfortunately we do not have a specific product for the euro 4 model ... we never tested it directly here on our headquarter but we know some customer fitted it."

GUTTED!

I was wondering if anyone here has fitted one on a 2018 or later model?

I should add that headers are stock.

Your help, thoughts, guidance would be hugely appreciated

Mus
Beemer Bert’s Images show a 2017 PURE so I’m guessing it slips straight on to the stock headers.
I’ve only had my 9T for 2 weeks but I’ve removed the valve and am looking for an end can so I can ditch the stock unit - nothing has taken my fancy until I found the SC Project one. Looks a beaut!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went with the SC silencer on my 2018 Racer, its mated to a Remus head pipe and I did the flapper delete kit when I installed the system. My riding started in the 1980's and I have run multiple aftermarket systems on various bikes over the years. Yoshimura, Vance and Hines, Kerker, Hindle, Termi....to name a few and my SC Project silencer does not take a backseat to any of them. Beautiful fit and finish on a very well made product.

Remus/SC Project exhaust install on a 2018 Racer

After putting 2000 miles on the system I did recently uncork it by removing the baffle and all I can say is I waited too long to let the music play...

·
Registered
2017 BMW R nineT Racer
6 Posts
I have the DB killer in it. Not too loud and a bit deeper tone.

We are not talking Harley sound here. Honestly, I don't know if I could ride with that kind of noise.
Hi there!
I'm very interested in the sc conic 70s, I have read it has dbkiller in it... Could you tell me if it's removable, or it's fixed? Thank you!!

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,222 Posts
I posted a shorter version of this a few minutes ago on the "What did you do to your R9T today?" thread, but here's a longer, more detailed write-up.

This evening I replaced the OEM exhaust can with a like-new SC-Project Conic titanium exhaust. Installation was fairly easy. I had the stock can off the bike anyway, as I had to remove it this weekend to remove the rear wheel for a tire replacement The new exhaust looks fantastic, it weighs considerably less than the single-can OEM exhaust that came on my 2020 R9T Pure, and I love how it shows off a bit more of the rear wheel since this exhaust is shorter than the stock can. By the way, I left the baffle in, as I don't necessarily want a louder sound than the OEM exhaust.

One note about the installation: The diagram that came with the exhaust seems to show the wide aluminum spacer on the outside of the subframe/pillion footpeg bracket. It will not fit that way. See the great photo that @Dalfort posted above in post #24. The wide aluminum spacer goes between the subrame bracket and the exhaust can's mounting bracket, both on the inside of the subframe bracket. The instructions do tell you to mount everything loosely at first before tightening all the bolts, and that is good advice. You want to be sure everything is positioned correctly and without straining any of the parts before you crank them down. I do wish the instructions had torque values, but since I've turned a few wrenches in my day I just used my best judgment.

At start-up and idle, the sound a volume is similar to the OEM exhaust can. It might be a little deeper (meaning a lower tone), and maybe a just little raspy compared to the stock can. Crack the throttle open a bit - or a bit more - and you can start to hear a difference, and it sounds good. This SC-Project Conic titanium exhaust is a bit louder than the stock can and it responds faster, too. Opening the throttle it seems like the Conic exhaust snaps to attention almost instantly.

Of course I had to go for a short ride this evening to check out the new exhaust and to start scrubbing in the new rear tire. Just riding along at a steady pace the SC-Project exhaust (again, with baffle in) doesn't seem much louder that the OEM can if it's louder at all, but open the throttle even a little aggressively and the titanium Conic exhaust opens up nicely, and it sounds terrific! And I still get some pops on deceleration, which sounds cool, too. I've been happy with most of the mods I've installed so far on my BMW, but this is one of the best yet.

I'm sorry I don't have a video clip for you to hear the new exhaust, but there are some good examples on YouTube, and they're better than anything I could have recorded myself.

By the way, I'm hoping since this can is both a little narrower and shorter than the OEM can, I won't have to remove it or even just unbolt it from the subframe to remove the rear wheel. I guess I'll find out the next time I have to take the wheel off.

One more thing: I always wanted an aftermarket exhaust (especially in carbon fiber) for my old 6th gen. Honda VFR 800, but they are really expensive because it's a dual exhaust. A couple of the options are even just one active exhaust plus a matching dummy can, and they're still very pricey. So I never upgraded. When I bought my 2020 R9T Pure last fall, I was pretty happy with the sound of the stock exhaust, but started looking at aftermarket options anyway. I was fortunate to score this one from @Islander-NineT who had posted it for sale on the forum's Market Place section a few months ago. It was exactly what I wanted and I'm thrilled with the results! (Thanks again, man!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there!
I'm very interested in the sc conic 70s, I have read it has dbkiller in it... Could you tell me if it's removable, or it's fixed? Thank you!!
I've had the conic 70s, recently took it off again and put the stock twin exhaust back on. I missed the deep bass rumble of the original and the look.

The conic 70s is much much lighter and looks good in its own way. The baffles are non removable but it's plenty loud.

·
Registered
2019 BMW RnineT
52 Posts
I posted a shorter version of this a few minutes ago on the "What did you do to your R9T today?" thread, but here's a longer, more detailed write-up.

This evening I replaced the OEM exhaust can with a like-new SC-Project Conic titanium exhaust. Installation was fairly easy. I had the stock can off the bike anyway, as I had to remove it this weekend to remove the rear wheel for a tire replacement The new exhaust looks fantastic, it weighs considerably less than the single-can OEM exhaust that came on my 2020 R9T Pure, and I love how it shows off a bit more of the rear wheel since this exhaust is shorter than the stock can. By the way, I left the baffle in, as I don't necessarily want a louder sound than the OEM exhaust.

One note about the installation: The diagram that came with the exhaust seems to show the wide aluminum spacer on the outside of the subframe/pillion footpeg bracket. It will not fit that way. See the great photo that @Dalfort posted above in post #24. The wide aluminum spacer goes between the subrame bracket and the exhaust can's mounting bracket, both on the inside of the subframe bracket. The instructions do tell you to mount everything loosely at first before tightening all the bolts, and that is good advice. You want to be sure everything is positioned correctly and without straining any of the parts before you crank them down. I do wish the instructions had torque values, but since I've turned a few wrenches in my day I just used my best judgment.

At start-up and idle, the sound a volume is similar to the OEM exhaust can. It might be a little deeper (meaning a lower tone), and maybe a just little raspy compared to the stock can. Crack the throttle open a bit - or a bit more - and you can start to hear a difference, and it sounds good. This SC-Project Conic titanium exhaust is a bit louder than the stock can and it responds faster, too. Opening the throttle it seems like the Conic exhaust snaps to attention almost instantly.

Of course I had to go for a short ride this evening to check out the new exhaust and to start scrubbing in the new rear tire. Just riding along at a steady pace the SC-Project exhaust (again, with baffle in) doesn't seem much louder that the OEM can if it's louder at all, but open the throttle even a little aggressively and the titanium Conic exhaust opens up nicely, and it sounds terrific! And I still get some pops on deceleration, which sounds cool, too. I've been happy with most of the mods I've installed so far on my BMW, but this is one of the best yet.

I'm sorry I don't have a video clip for you to hear the new exhaust, but there are some good examples on YouTube, and they're better than anything I could have recorded myself.

By the way, I'm hoping since this can is both a little narrower and shorter than the OEM can, I won't have to remove it or even just unbolt it from the subframe to remove the rear wheel. I guess I'll find out the next time I have to take the wheel off.

One more thing: I always wanted an aftermarket exhaust (especially in carbon fiber) for my old 6th gen. Honda VFR 800, but they are really expensive because it's a dual exhaust. A couple of the options are even just one active exhaust plus a matching dummy can, and they're still very pricey. So I never upgraded. When I bought my 2020 R9T Pure last fall, I was pretty happy with the sound of the stock exhaust, but started looking at aftermarket options anyway. I was fortunate to score this one from @Islander-NineT who had posted it for sale on the forum's Market Place section a few months ago. It was exactly what I wanted and I'm thrilled with the results! (Thanks again, man!)
View attachment 144101
Tim - Do you know if the Conic has the db killer? I am getting this exhaust for my bike and will remove the db killer if it has one. Thank you.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,222 Posts
Tim - Do you know if the Conic has the db killer? I am getting this exhaust for my bike and will remove the db killer if it has one. Thank you.
Yes, it does. I've not removed it yet, but it looks like you just have to remove one bolt on the wheel side of the exhaust and the baffle/db killer should come right out. I think so anyway. I'm tempted to try running without it soon to see how it sounds, and how much louder it sounds. But I think it sounds fine with it in, too.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts