BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I’m new here and I know the mods like to keep posts in the correct sections, however is there a local regional section, for instance Scotland, north England, south England etc?
I know there is Europe and other world wide sections but I thought if there was local groups we would find it easier to organise more local meets, I find when the weather starts to deteriorate the bikes aren’t out the same but I still want to discuss bikes with like minded folks.
what do you think B Dave?

·
Administrator
13,391 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

At present the UK regional posts are part of the Europe region as you have noticed (even though the UK has left the EU we are still part of Europe).

Currently if you include the country in brackets after the post title that seems to do reasonably well in attracting relevant members.

The problem with subdividing the regions too much is that then you will have every country in Europe wanting their separate section and that has the potential to turn into a nightmare to organise and moderate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that makes sense Dave, I never thought about the logistics involved in moderating such a huge site as this, you guys deserve a medal. But I will add Scotland to any meet request in the future.
On that note would any one be interested in a local meet around the central belt ?

·
Administrator
13,391 Posts
Post it over in the Europe forum section mate! :) There are a few locals on here. I might be tempted too… Busy diary however!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, are there anyone interested in a local meet up in central Scotland, there is a nice cafe near Nockhill race track that is ideal for a meeting.
The place is called the milk bar in Powmill, it has out door seating as well as indoor and a little covered area, there is plenty parking for bikes and the coffee, cakes, food is good.
Powmill is on the A977 just north of the Clackmannanshire Bridge if your travelling from the west or just south west of Kinross if coming from the other way.
I could make it this Sunday 3rd October, but if this doesn’t suit then we could make it another weekend, just throwing it out there to see if there is any interest.
cheers Brian.

·
Administrator
13,391 Posts
I might be able to do it! I can let you know nearer the time, got some dad/son stuff to do and don't know when he is free yet!

·
Administrator
13,391 Posts
Sorry mate I’m going to have to opt out…. Son tonight, so no problem there, but I have to go and pick my partner up from airport tomorrow afternoon as her son has had to change shifts at work. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry mate I’m going to have to opt out…. Son tonight, so no problem there, but I have to go and pick my partner up from airport tomorrow afternoon as her son has had to change shifts at work. :(
No problem Dave, weather’s not looking great anyway. We can try again at a later date if anyone is interested get in touch.
cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Muzzer, where about in the Highlands are you based ? I’m up in Inverness quite regular as my son is up there, and you will have noticed above that I tried to organise a meet at the tail end of the year but timing and weather was not great then, I will try again in the spring and hopefully I will have the UGS by then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not far from Inverness, and regularly go through when heading out on a run, though there are quite a few other nice roads up this way. ;)

It'll certainly be great to ride some of the roads on something a bit different than I've been riding.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's arrived and sat in my garage. Just need the snow to stop now! 😄

Got a Navigator V cradle on it that I'll need to remove, as well as a few bits and bobs I've accumulated over the last week.

View attachment 151565
Hi mixer. Good to see the bike with you, mine should arrive in three weeks, snow should be gone by then😎

·
Registered
51 Posts
What a difference a few weeks make. Glorious sunshine, dry roads, and a positive lateral flow. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, finally managed to fit the Puig hugger. Thanks to @BaldyDave 's recommendation of the R1200R (to 2014) fitting kit for the Abba stand, finally managed to get the back wheel off the ground and get the hugger on.

Getting the bike up on the stand is a bit of a faff, need to remember to cable tie the pegs out of the way, as well as screwing the adapter on the right side, and removing the cap on the left. Still, I don't have to lube a chain, so it probably won't go up on the stand that often. ;)

The Abba stand is still far easier to use than a normal paddock stand IMO.

Can't wait to hit some of my favourite roads and see how it handles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys, well my Urban has just arrived at Motorrad central in Dalkeith.
What a glorious day for a bike ride here in central Scotland today, the temperature managed to get up to 16 degrees.
I set off at 11am for a trip up to Crieff I traveled through Glen Devon then past Gleneagles on the way to Crieff where I had organised for a set of continental TA3 to be fitted to the GS1250.
These tyres had been recommended for the bike on another forum and the difference is unbelievable, anyway I had a nice and careful ride down to Edinburgh to have a look at the bike and discuss when I could take delivery, so next Saturday has been scheduled in, just hope the weather holds out..

·
Administrator
13,391 Posts
Lovely day today! Sadly my other half Debbie and I had already committed to a record fair in Glasgow and a trip out to Helensburgh for a bag of chips and a walk along the coast. Hopefully get out on the bike soon!

·
Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
351 Posts
I’ll be doing my first ‘tour’ on mine oop Scotland in a few weeks nr you lot I’m guessing?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts