BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I’m new here and I know the mods like to keep posts in the correct sections, however is there a local regional section, for instance Scotland, north England, south England etc?
I know there is Europe and other world wide sections but I thought if there was local groups we would find it easier to organise more local meets, I find when the weather starts to deteriorate the bikes aren’t out the same but I still want to discuss bikes with like minded folks.
what do you think B Dave?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that makes sense Dave, I never thought about the logistics involved in moderating such a huge site as this, you guys deserve a medal. But I will add Scotland to any meet request in the future.
On that note would any one be interested in a local meet around the central belt ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, are there anyone interested in a local meet up in central Scotland, there is a nice cafe near Nockhill race track that is ideal for a meeting.
The place is called the milk bar in Powmill, it has out door seating as well as indoor and a little covered area, there is plenty parking for bikes and the coffee, cakes, food is good.
Powmill is on the A977 just north of the Clackmannanshire Bridge if your travelling from the west or just south west of Kinross if coming from the other way.
I could make it this Sunday 3rd October, but if this doesn’t suit then we could make it another weekend, just throwing it out there to see if there is any interest.
cheers Brian.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry mate I’m going to have to opt out…. Son tonight, so no problem there, but I have to go and pick my partner up from airport tomorrow afternoon as her son has had to change shifts at work. :(
No problem Dave, weather’s not looking great anyway. We can try again at a later date if anyone is interested get in touch.
cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Muzzer, where about in the Highlands are you based ? I’m up in Inverness quite regular as my son is up there, and you will have noticed above that I tried to organise a meet at the tail end of the year but timing and weather was not great then, I will try again in the spring and hopefully I will have the UGS by then.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's arrived and sat in my garage. Just need the snow to stop now! 😄

Got a Navigator V cradle on it that I'll need to remove, as well as a few bits and bobs I've accumulated over the last week.

View attachment 151565
Hi mixer. Good to see the bike with you, mine should arrive in three weeks, snow should be gone by then😎

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys, well my Urban has just arrived at Motorrad central in Dalkeith.
What a glorious day for a bike ride here in central Scotland today, the temperature managed to get up to 16 degrees.
I set off at 11am for a trip up to Crieff I traveled through Glen Devon then past Gleneagles on the way to Crieff where I had organised for a set of continental TA3 to be fitted to the GS1250.
These tyres had been recommended for the bike on another forum and the difference is unbelievable, anyway I had a nice and careful ride down to Edinburgh to have a look at the bike and discuss when I could take delivery, so next Saturday has been scheduled in, just hope the weather holds out..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The weather was so good last week and I would have joined you for a run up to the welly if I hadn’t needed to go down south on Saturday. I agree with Muzzer it would be good to meet up for a coffee and put some faces to the names, maybe in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I managed to get a few extras fitted to my Urban the other day, got the rear rack, Evotech tail tidy, wunderlich screen and the rear gs crudcatcher all fitted.
Photos to be loaded up soon.
Yesterday I took the bike out for a nice run to Callander, 40 miles from my house and ended up meeting CNC from this parish totally out of the blue, spent a good hour discussing all things R9T, cheers.
I then returned back home through Lochernhead down the side of the loch through Comrie ,Crieff and Gleneagles and back home, longest run so far with 110 miles clocked up on the day.
The bike is booked in for its running in service next Friday and I’m up to 300miles so another couple of decent runs around central Scotland should suffice.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi B,
Pretty sure I passed you going the other way today stuck behind a broken down Astra.
Great chat yesterday 👍
Tried getting some chorizo sausage rolls today but none to be had 🙁
Interested if you manage to get a meet sometime.
Yeah you did C , I enjoyed it so much I thought I would do a repeat with my mate on his Fatboy, sausage rolls were epic, I’m not sure how to remove any previous posts on this forum, maybe B Dave could advise me?I will have a look at some dates for a meet in the next few weeks if anyone else is interested?
cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks for that advice C job done.
Anyone up for a meet next Saturday 23 April ? I suggested Powmill Milkbar previously but I’m open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Sunday would work for me as well, I just threw that date out there to see what would work for others
So two so far any advance?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Anyone else up for a meet at the weekend ? I had suggested the milk bar at Powmill near Knockhill race track, as there are some nice roads around that area, but open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Right guys, I’m going to be up at Powmill milk bar for 1 pm tomorrow, that should let the sun up and hopefully a wee bit of heat.
Hopefully some of you can join me for a catch and put some names to faces etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have it recording, so I can watch it uninterrupted. Going to be interesting race.
see you there if you can make it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Good wee meet up on Sunday guys, sometimes it’s good just to get a coffee and a catch up.
Next time we could organise a run up to the green wellie if the weathers sunny, not wanting C to get wet, the last thing we need is his Rukka gear getting tested.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts