BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not far from Inverness, and regularly go through when heading out on a run, though there are quite a few other nice roads up this way. ;)

It'll certainly be great to ride some of the roads on something a bit different than I've been riding.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a difference a few weeks make. Glorious sunshine, dry roads, and a positive lateral flow. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, finally managed to fit the Puig hugger. Thanks to @BaldyDave 's recommendation of the R1200R (to 2014) fitting kit for the Abba stand, finally managed to get the back wheel off the ground and get the hugger on.

Getting the bike up on the stand is a bit of a faff, need to remember to cable tie the pegs out of the way, as well as screwing the adapter on the right side, and removing the cap on the left. Still, I don't have to lube a chain, so it probably won't go up on the stand that often. ;)

The Abba stand is still far easier to use than a normal paddock stand IMO.

Can't wait to hit some of my favourite roads and see how it handles.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ll be doing my first ‘tour’ on mine oop Scotland in a few weeks nr you lot I’m guessing?
You never know. Where is it you're heading to?

Just buying. My partner got a few decent LPs (Porcupine Tree, Talk Talk, and 2 Peter Gabriel Albums in vinyl which she previously just had on CD). We are both Vinyl fans!

I got the original Spirit LP a small amount of folding stuff. Not the original pressing but for £10 I'm happy enough as it was in mint condition.

Tomorrow I have the day off so going to work on my Guzzi and source another battery for my 9T my second battery has not lasted well at all. First one lasted over 4 years, the replacement Yuasa is starting to give up the ghost after half that time.
Sounds like a great day out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What you will find are excellent riding roads (though the road surfaces might not be - pretty much in line with the rest of the UK).

Callander, gateway to the A82 & Glencoe, Fort William on to Loch Ness. Only downside is to be aware of traffic, even in the depths of winter, there's a lot of tourists, trucks & impatient cars.

Dufftown - whisky country.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I do remember it's the 15th, just wondering is all.

It's a good 3 hour run to the Welly for me, so around 13:00-14:00 would be better IMO, but happy to go with the flow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, I have both the Skylift and the superbike stand but no fitting kit yet, what exact kit is it I need ? I looked at the bike and didn't think it would work somehow, I have the kit for my GS and KTM, still have the kits for my Ducati S2r and VFR 800F (both sold now).
I got a Constand with my Racer but tbh it's a bit flimsy and I don't trust it, certainly nowhere near the quality build of Abba or Gubellini.

Hope you can help guys and maybe we'll meet up one day, I'm in Ayrshire.
I bought the R1200S/R (up to 14) fitting kit. You do have to zip tie the pegs up, but that's no big deal.

I’m going to be up at the Green Wellie at 12.30 ish tomorrow, bringing along another R9T guy, see you’s up there.
Remember the sun screen😎😂
Aiming for about 13:00-ish, just depends on how long it takes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Muzzer hope to catch you the next time! I've now sorted out a recovery policy and going to be pulling the tank off the bike to replace the start circuit relay.
Don't tend to head that way often, especially this time of year, when the road is full of Caravans, Motor Homes & other gawking tourists.

Was certainly glad of the heated grips coming over Glencoe. It was glorious when I left home, so I put my summer gloves on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, as Liz had decided that we'd all get an extra day off last week, I thought that it'd be rude not to take the bike out for a run.

Decided on doing part of the NC500, clockwise, as it's easier to get to from home, and far more interesting than heading up the east coast.

Beautiful day, minimal traffic (there were a number of tail backs in the single track sections due to motorhomes & cars not pulling over to let other people past), and a few brew & photo stops.

Tire Sky Wheel Water Cloud

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Water Sky

1 - 19 of 19 Posts