BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
469 Posts
Well I had a good ride up to Callander yesterday. Took 8 hrs ride time the scenic route there from Holmfirth West Yorkshire. Went up the east side A19 then barnard castle, Alston, Bellingham then A68 Edinburgh. The A68 was a far better road than expected so I was pleasantly surprised. Dufftown today

·
Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
469 Posts
Well I’ve just stumbled by accident on the ‘Green wellie’ if that’s what your all on about? Just staying at the big MGM Muthu hotel tonight.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Ecoregion World Map Screenshot Font

Leaving this morning to do a circular and back to Callander tonight.
Then Sunday morning I’ll be heading back to Yorkshire. Mission completed!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Never done it. How does it compare to the Blairgowrie to Braemar road?

That's a favourite of mine.

@Tigcraft . Lookin good mate. Are you heading back south over the weekend?
Your really missing out if your coming up that road and don’t finish it by traveling the lecht road to either Aviemore or even better the moors road to Nairn, one of the best routes in central Scotland in my opinion.
im in Forres at the moment but in a transit van rather than bike.

·
Registered
BMW RNineT Racer S 719
7 Posts
On the plus side, finally managed to fit the Puig hugger. Thanks to @BaldyDave 's recommendation of the R1200R (to 2014) fitting kit for the Abba stand, finally managed to get the back wheel off the ground and get the hugger on.

The Abba stand is still far easier to use than a normal paddock stand IMO.
Hi, I have both the Skylift and the superbike stand but no fitting kit yet, what exact kit is it I need ? I looked at the bike and didn't think it would work somehow, I have the kit for my GS and KTM, still have the kits for my Ducati S2r and VFR 800F (both sold now).
I got a Constand with my Racer but tbh it's a bit flimsy and I don't trust it, certainly nowhere near the quality build of Abba or Gubellini.

Hope you can help guys and maybe we'll meet up one day, I'm in Ayrshire.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Your really missing out if your coming up that road and don’t finish it by traveling the lecht road to either Aviemore or even better the moors road to Nairn, one of the best routes in central Scotland in my opinion.
Might not have! Went on a back road to Dufftown that was barren, could it have been that one? The asphalt was a sand colour and no other vehicles on it for miles, the bends were perfect!! Fast, smooth and it made you push to extremes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I’m going to be up at the Green Wellie at 12.30 ish tomorrow, bringing along another R9T guy, see you’s up there.
Remember the sun screen😎😂

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi, I have both the Skylift and the superbike stand but no fitting kit yet, what exact kit is it I need ? I looked at the bike and didn't think it would work somehow, I have the kit for my GS and KTM, still have the kits for my Ducati S2r and VFR 800F (both sold now).
I got a Constand with my Racer but tbh it's a bit flimsy and I don't trust it, certainly nowhere near the quality build of Abba or Gubellini.

Hope you can help guys and maybe we'll meet up one day, I'm in Ayrshire.
I bought the R1200S/R (up to 14) fitting kit. You do have to zip tie the pegs up, but that's no big deal.

I’m going to be up at the Green Wellie at 12.30 ish tomorrow, bringing along another R9T guy, see you’s up there.
Remember the sun screen😎😂
Aiming for about 13:00-ish, just depends on how long it takes.

Reactions: BeePee

·
Registered
BMW RNineT Racer S 719
7 Posts
I bought the R1200S/R (up to 14) fitting kit. You do have to zip tie the pegs up, but that's no big deal.

Any pictures of your bikes on the stand, I can't see how or where it connects compared to the other kits I have.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts