BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

Administrator
I鈥檓 going to be up at the Green Wellie at 12.30 ish tomorrow, bringing along another R9T guy, see you鈥檚 up there.
Remember the sun screen馃槑馃槀
Hopefully will make it along. Look out for a lost looking baldy guy! 馃槅

Reactions: Briggs

Administrator
@Briggs Really sorry mate but I'm going to have to pull out. Just been out to garage to get the bike out and the bike is doing the click of death. It was doing this regularly till I replaced the battery and then it appeared to be resolved when a new battery was fitted. It then randomly did this about 3 weeks back and I started investigating other causes (you might have seen my starter relay post in the Electronics section). This morning it took 4 pushes of the start button (3 met with a click) before the bike fired up. Was still going to be going as I thought I had breakdown cover but I have then remembered I didn't renew cover last year as the coronavirus pandemic meant the bike was sitting in the garage most of the time and was only used for local trips. Been sat in font of the computer the last 30 minutes trying to arrange cover but most companies (understandably) want the cover to start the next day to stop claims from folk that have already broken down. Any that offer immediate cover are charging a lot of cash and I refuse to be ripped-off.

Very sorry for the late cancellation. I truly hate doing this and normally pride myself in being reliable but I simply can't risk being stranded 75 miles from home. Looks like a lovely day too! :(

Hope you have a great time, please take photos!

Administrator
@Muzzer hope to catch you the next time! I've now sorted out a recovery policy and going to be pulling the tank off the bike to replace the start circuit relay.

Registered
BMW R nine T Urban GS 2021
I love that road from Braemar to the Lecht then over the moors up to Nairn, must be one of the best biking roads in the uk.
done this a few times great route, nearly caught me out though, I tend to head across to Stonehaven and back down coast road or over Cairn O Mount. Have to agree we have loads of great routes in our area.

must try and joint a route to meet up some time, although I will most likely be at the Arbroath bike night on thursday

Registered
@Muzzer hope to catch you the next time! I've now sorted out a recovery policy and going to be pulling the tank off the bike to replace the start circuit relay.
Don't tend to head that way often, especially this time of year, when the road is full of Caravans, Motor Homes & other gawking tourists.

Was certainly glad of the heated grips coming over Glencoe. It was glorious when I left home, so I put my summer gloves on.

Registered
Well, as Liz had decided that we'd all get an extra day off last week, I thought that it'd be rude not to take the bike out for a run.

Decided on doing part of the NC500, clockwise, as it's easier to get to from home, and far more interesting than heading up the east coast.

Beautiful day, minimal traffic (there were a number of tail backs in the single track sections due to motorhomes & cars not pulling over to let other people past), and a few brew & photo stops.

Tire Sky Wheel Water Cloud

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Water Sky

Administrator
I'm out of breath just watching that!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm meant to be at a family gathering but if I can wiggle out of it this sounds like a great day out.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts