Well, I thought I would share my journey to make a few changes to my 2019 stereo metallic matt scrambler X.
Bought it in the UK and brought it back to France last summer and after a few months thinking about what to do, I am now ready to proceed.
The general idea is to:
- put a single seat
- shorten the back
- put the license plate on a GS mudguard
- change the blinkers
- remove the airbox
- change the gas cap
- and put handlebar mirrors.
There are surely going to be other mods along the way as I am sure it will be hard to resist the urge ?.
The first pic is of the bike as it stand today.
Yes I have the knobby tyres and they are loud (above 70 km/h the tyres are actually louder than the exhaust...) but they do give a nice look to the bike. On dry surface I got used to banking in turns as much as with road tyres but I have not quite tried them on the wet.
There are actually a few modifications made to the bike already although they are quite uncuspicuous:
- I have put the OEM tankbelt. While I do not plan on having a tank bag, the belt looks good and it does protect the tank from scratching near the seat. I am just a bit disappointed by the fact the hole for the gas cap is not very round but rather ovale...
- I have put Wunderlich foot protectors to avoid getting my feet drenched should I get caught by the rain. I have had this on all my bikes and it really makes a difference. I have a post on this specifically for those who may be interested.
- I have also put a brake pedal enlarger. I am actually not so interested in enlarging the pedal but it does raise the surface in contact with your foot a bit as I find the pedal way too low.