BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tachometer available for the Scrambler(or any of the single gauge R nineTs)?
I was listening to a review in which the reviewer said there was a factory tach available. Been doing some searching since but haven't been able to find one.

thx

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Is there a tachometer available for the Scrambler(or any of the single gauge R nineTs)?
I was listening to a review in which the reviewer said there was a factory tach available. Been doing some searching since but haven't been able to find one.

thx
Supposed to BMW Accessory released soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you @roadrunner ....by the time I'm ready to purchase an R nineT these will likely be available. Which puts the Scrambler(or a Pure) on the table because I just have to have a tach on my bike ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
£269

My local dealer has found the part number and pricing in a new version of the catalogue.

Availability and what's in the kit is vague. He has ordered one into the dealership and I have first dibs when it arrives.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just ask to my dealer, the plug its not the same... according with BMW in germany.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
As it was described elsewhere here - New bikes come with CANBUS 2 and older ones have CANBUS and therefore stuff is not just simple compatible

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had a quote today. For the full kit shown on the picture in post #2 , VAT included but without install: 435 €
Available by the end of January.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Price update

I recently posted a price of £269 from Bahnstormer-UK.

They have received a Rev Counter but nothing else. It appears the cost of the fixing kit with be in addition to the Rev Counter. This will probably bring the price more in line with M&Ms €435.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you @roadrunner ....by the time I'm ready to purchase an R nineT these will likely be available. Which puts the Scrambler(or a Pure) on the table because I just have to have a tach on my bike ;)
why? when having a rack the last thing that one looks at is the tacho but i=each to their own i guess

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone been able to order this? I found both the rev counter and mounting bracket but was told my local BMW dealer that the scrambler is not compatible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone been able to order this? I found both the rev counter and mounting bracket but was told my local BMW dealer that the scrambler is not compatible.
I've been told they been discontinued... :-( (maybe BS, dunno...just told them to cancel my order and walked out. Sick and tired of waiting months for things to arrive in SA when ordering via dealer / distributor)

Really like this one. Want it. Need it. Going to see if easier to order myself from..... where?

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update from dealer

I´m waiting for my Scrambler. It´s ordered in the beginning of March.

The dealer told me (at the time) the bike should arrive in the later half of March while the revolution counter should be delivered in the beginning of April.

Today I´ve got a mail from my dealer and it says the bike is on the way from Germany to Sweden (which is good, since I live in Sweden).

Regarding the rev counter they say "3 parts are missing, are expected to be at the german stock first of april and then shipped to Sweden."

Conclusion: The rev counter (with bracket, cup etc.) should be mounted on the bike second week of april.
This is of course if the Germans live up to the gipfel reputation...;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd like to have a tach too, but this just isn't that aesthetically pleasing to me..... I like the motoscope but the display looks like it's from the 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update from dealer

I´ve ordered a new Scrambler in the beginning of March. Among the options, obviously a rev counter, to be fitted by the dealer.

A week ago I´ve got a mail from my dealer, the bike was on the way and the rev counter was expected to arrive a little bit later since some parts weren´t supposed to be at the main BMW stock until first of April.

Now i´ve checked different online stock suppliers and it really seems to be true BMW ditched the rev counter as a option regarding the Scrambler.

On the other hand, the new R nineT (the original) seems to use the same rev counter (no surprise) but also the same bracket... Though I´m not entirely sure since I don´t have the parts numbers memorized. Check for yourself at REALOEM for example.

What happened?:dizzy::dizzy:

Disclaimer: English isn´t my native, I hope I´ve made my self understandable.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I mounted the rev counter on my 2016 scrambler a few weeks ago, but there's still one piece missing that should arrive in April.
It's a plastic piece inside the counter that's supposed to center the counter.

The rev-counter is working perfectly and is in my opinion a nice ad to the bike, with a lot of complementary info of the board computer.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts