BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
The R9T has spokes/tube tires. The Scrambler has non-spoke, tubeless tires. Has someone gotten their marketing parameters confused? ;) Tube tires/spoke wheels are superior in the dirt, where SCRAMBLERS are supposed to be operating...

But, as noted, it's all about what you like better. For me, the R9T with suitable tires would be a better scrambler than the "Scrambler" is...

In fact, I have been considering changing my R9Ts OEM street tires to something more capable of handling some dirt. I PROMISE you that the OEM tires make the R9T one of the world's worst at handling non-pavement. My '73 Norton Commando with Avon Roadriders can ride rings around my R9T on dirt/gravel.
2018's spoked wheel has been updated to be tubeless (but the cast wheel is standard). My 18' urban GS has them. The spokes are laced to the edge of the rim exterior to the tire now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
2018's spoked wheel has been updated to be tubeless (but the cast wheel is standard). My 18' urban GS has them. The spokes are laced to the edge of the rim exterior to the tire now.
With the exception of the low Scrambler the spoke rim option for the Urban GS and Scrambler have ALWAYS been tubeless.

Spoke rims on the R9T Heritage have NEVER been tubeless.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts