BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Don't know if this helps as with everyone else who has commented it's always personal, So I've owned six R1100's, a 1200GS, and probably fifty other bikes Jap, Italian and British, I almost fell out of love with bikes until the R9T came along and it reminded me what riding bike's is all about, you probably do need to tweek suspension and other bit's but the R9T makes you feel part of the ride and not a passenger I really think BMW got this one bang on, I get on and feel seventeen again, there's an R9T for every occasion and I fully intend to get another one,so that's just my sentimental take for what it's worth
Couldn’t agree more, beautifully put, Bang-On! I’m 72 and I turn 20 with a twist of my wrist.
StayUpOn2 as long as you can StandUpOn2 Boxer … Salute …….Blitz

Reactions: Boxer62

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Never sell your bike or car if there if any possibility that you might regret it. The bike I regretted not buying: BMW R75/7. Sold the BMW R80. Had many others for many years. 2014 bought an R9T. No regrets. Made a few modifications all of which make it more practical to use. Hanging on to this bike. Some of the first year parts appear to be stronger or better than later years. I'm still waiting to do a wheel swap for tubeless spoked. Have a lead on that. Research the bike you want with the accessories that you crave. Get it. Ride it. Improve it. Hang on to it. Your satisfaction level will rise in 99 percent of the cases.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts
Never sell your bike or car if there if any possibility that you might regret it. The bike I regretted not buying: BMW R75/7. Sold the BMW R80. Had many others for many years. 2014 bought an R9T. No regrets. Made a few modifications all of which make it more practical to use. Hanging on to this bike. Some of the first year parts appear to be stronger or better than later years. I'm still waiting to do a wheel swap for tubeless spoked. Have a lead on that. Research the bike you want with the accessories that you crave. Get it. Ride it. Improve it. Hang on to it. Your satisfaction level will rise in 99 percent of the cases.
This advice rings true to me. I once had a car I loved, a 2005 Honda Civic Si (the hatchback most people didn't like much, at least here in the US). I wanted a CRV, a better family car since we had two young sons at the time, so I traded the Si in for a new CRV. Two weeks later I seriously regretted it. I hated driving that CRV. Soooo boring! It was a great family car but I just barely tolerated it.

I've owned and daily driven a Mazda MX-5 (aka Miata) for three years now, and it's my favorite car yet. I'm very interested in the new Subaru BRZ/Toyota GR 86 coming this fall, but unless the new model blows my socks off I'll probably stick with my Miata.

As for bikes, I loved my 6th generation Honda VFR 800. Really, really loved that bike. Owned it for over 14 years and put over 97,000 miles on it. I bought the R9T Pure to replace it but thought of keeping the VFR to use as a dedicated sport-tourer. There are a few reasons I ended up selling it, but I do not regret letting it go. It was time. Now that I have modded my BMW to my liking, however, I would really regret selling or trading it anytime soon. One reason is I love it, but the other is I'd hate to have to start over with another new machine.

·
Registered
2020 urban gs 40th anniversary
2 Posts
And here it is :cool: finally returned the F850GS to the dealership and took my new Urban G/S home.
My god, have I enjoyed the first ride back home again...

View attachment 145126

And here it is 😍

View attachment 145127

I've installed my Quadlock, and may dealer installed the GPS. Bracket and risers are from UNIT Garage.

View attachment 145128

View attachment 145129

Now I still need to install the 2 little rings to attach my tailbag, while I'm waiting for the delivery of my
Aluminum Koboldcases.

Cheers 🥳
Hey mate , is that the quad lock wireless charger??? Does it fit well , wire up ok???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey mate , is that the quad lock wireless charger??? Does it fit well , wire up ok???
oh yes :)

Easy peasy! I currently have the 2021 model, so the USB cable suffices. (the 2021 model doesn't come with DIN-socket (cigarette lighter thingy) but with a genuine USB-A Socket. I just ran the cable alongside the frame - the supplied calbe is pretty long - and tucked the surplus away under the tank. That's all there is. all tools are supplied with the wirelass charger. I do recommend the shock absorber, because I screwed up a couple smartphone camera's prior to that :)

Cheers

41 - 45 of 45 Posts