BMW NineT Forum banner

September 2022 BOTM

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  popeyesbmw 
#1 ·
Welcome to the September Bike of the Month Competition!

Water Sky Cloud Land vehicle Tire

Congratulations to our August winner @Chris.

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry, I've been posting a lot recently - i'm just too excited about this bike even after 30,000km and 2 years of ownership! 😍

Here she is on my favourite stretch of local road in Australia, Marysville to Lake Mountain and through the Reefton Spur.

2020 9T Classic.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Helmet Motorcycle

Mods -

1. ACS Forged Alloy Wheels
2. Akrapovic Titanium Headers
3. Wilbers 642 rear shock with +25mm and +15mm ride height adjust
4. Nitron TVT25 Kashima fork cartridges
5. Schwabenmax fast throttle insert
6. Gilles Rearsets
7. SBS lithium battery
8. Rizoma MA011 bars
9. Rizoma Spy R mirrors
10. Aella oil cooler guard
11. Tail tidy
12. Rizoma Screen
13. BMW tail hump
14. K&N Air Filter
15. Removed subframe, flapper, charcoal etc.
16. Unit Garage rear bag/system

Mods mainly focused on improving performance. About 18kg pulled out of the bike with the wheels making by far the largest difference to performance.

Love this bike more with each km and each day.

Cheers, Dom

#3 ·
I bought my first RNineT Scrambler 4 months ago and after riding a Honda VFR for 9 years I had lost the love of riding. I saw an RNineT in the local dealers and fell in love! I then looked for 18 months to find the perfect one. I finally fell for an Option 719 Scrambler X. It has just over 4000 miles on the clock on a 2018 plate.
I have added engine bars, oil cooler guard, Trip Machine bar wraps, Givi rear hugger for starters. My next investment is a rear Nitron shock as I would like to arrive home without a bad back!!!
The rawness of the RNineT has made me fall in love with riding again as it is more suited to the roads I enjoy.
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Vehicle

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Window Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Motorcycle

#4 · (Edited)
After having subdued Covid, I finally picked up my new BMW with the initial set of farkles. Behold its glory!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Becker-Hepco bags and engine guards.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Clearwater Lights, National fly windscreen, BMW tankbag, and cute little bar risers for my little T-Rex arms

View attachment 158458

Better shot of the engine guards/light setup. I like the location of the lights for conspicuity purposes, but they look doomed if I ever need to actually use the engine guards in a parking lot 'incident'.

Not shown in these pictures is the BMW Tach gauge I added, love the rev counter and extra display information.

I also had the initial 600 mile service done while it was at the dealer, so I had full throttle and the Road ride mode on the way home (30 miles of country roads), so i could hooligan a bit with it. It's a beast out of the box.

The next thing I'd consider adding is some kind of improvement to the seat. Since I can't put a Russell Day-Long on the tiny little seatpan, and the internet isn't exactly brimming with R NineT Scrambler seat options, I'm hoping this august body of riders might have a suggestion or two. Air Hawk, maybe?

Popeye

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.