BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'18 R nineT Scrambler, '63 Vespa 160gs
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was trying to find a complete shifter with a metal section, - motocross style, to protect my shoe(s) from getting stained black from the black rubber cap, shifting gears.

Without any success finding a shifter, i thought about this idea, and it works 100% perfect, no more staining. Easy and cheap, for many replacements should it be necessary. Black would be better, - red was in my storage.

Animal product Ingredient Food Font Magenta

Tire Bicycle handlebar White Vehicle Automotive tire

Bicycle Wheel Bicycle frame Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exhaust

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Hiractionary is right, brilliant idea Anthonie. I discovered there is also a type of shrink tubing used called Marine Grade and the inside of the tube is coated in what’s tantamount to hot glue that of course melts when heat is applied to shrink the tube and it becomes waterproof … great for electrical connections, how cool is that? BeAware .. normal shrink comes off easily by just cutting it off .. the marine grade, not so much, it’s much more permanent and hard to get off. stands to reason and Good to know. Nice creative tip Anthonie …….Blitz

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,277 Posts
Gonna find Blue! Thanks for the tip.

I have actually looked at someone's shoes and saw that telltale tattoo. Some people seem to be surprised when you ask them what bike they ride.
One guy said " That's some real Sherlock Holmes sh!t right there!"

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Gonna find Blue! Thanks for the tip.

I have actually looked at someone's shoes and saw that telltale tattoo. Some people seem to be surprised when you ask them what bike they ride.
One guy said " That's some real Sherlock Holmes sh!t right there!"
Check the website for Harbor Freight, it’s seems rare but I’ve seen it there. If not there GoAmazon 👍🏻

Reactions: Baloo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiractionary is right, brilliant idea Anthonie. I discovered there is also a type of shrink tubing used called Marine Grade and the inside of the tube is coated in what’s tantamount to hot glue that of course melts when heat is applied to shrink the tube and it becomes waterproof … great for electrical connections, how cool is that? BeAware .. normal shrink comes off easily by just cutting it off .. the marine grade, not so much, it’s much more permanent and hard to get off. stands to reason and Good to know. Nice creative tip Anthonie …….Blitz
Many thanks for pointing out the Marine Grade option, I wasn't aware of such option, - most certainly going to scout for it.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
damn my new BOA system boots had stain.. too late for me
Don’t worry, it’s the mark of a Champion … When people notice, Smile Big and say “MotorCycle”
If they smile back then they ride too … if not … who cares ? ……Blitz

Reactions: Anthonie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don’t worry, it’s the mark of a Champion … When people notice, Smile Big and say “MotorCycle”
If they smile back then they ride too … if not … who cares ? ……Blitz
Exactly my experience!
(I dont mind for a boot at all, they're meant to get character from whatever outdoor activity, but good shite, I've been a bit hard on my "blue suede shoes")

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice!, happy it works for you.
I had the idea of making me a leather pad & strap, but then I thought it would be fun for the first time only, then be too much of a muchness - pad on, pad off, pad on, pad off, - get lost!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts