BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a while back on the bodywork section, but thought it would be better here with a couple of update images.

Ebay is dangerous!

I was browsing a few weeks back and saw this..

At a touch under £40 I thought 'what the heck' and orderd a set. First off, these are not the BAAK Motorcycle items, a close copy maybe, but they don't 'screw to the airbox'.

When they arrived (very quickly by Chinese standards!) I was impressed by the finish. A cool looking flat black. The clips are a glorified hose clamp and could really do with a spray of black paint so they blend in with the frame. All in all a good deal.

First job was a coat of paint on those clamps,

Much better, now let's look at how these fit. It seems straight forward, a clamp goes around the frame and a screw with a steel and nylon washer pass through the panel and secure in the clamp. Easy...

..or so I thought.

The clips are sprung steel so need something to hold them in place while the screws are secured, enter the modern panacea, zip ties. a short tie around the bracket and the screws were easy to fit.

Pretty cool eh?

And a couple from the latest trip to France..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Prefer the full ones. Not the vented. They are also on ebay even if am still reluctant to buy chinese . Nice pic of The « Ventoux » if am right ?!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good! Nice trick with the zip ties. I've seen these side covers around online and was always pretty usure about them but I think they look good, especially with the clamps blacked out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prefer the full ones. Not the vented. They are also on ebay even if am still reluctant to buy chinese . Nice pic of The « Ventoux » if am right ?!
Yep, Mont Ventoux in the back. I wasn't sure but when fitted they hide the stuf in the gap nicely.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve looked at the solid ones but was afraid they may hold in engine heat when sitting in stop and go traffic. My engine runs hot enough. The vented ones may just be the thing to use and not add to engine heat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
These are just right I plan to buy them in silver, are they stainless steel? BAAK is just way to expensive, they ask what, about 150€ for the pair? That is ridiculous it's something I can fabricate on my own. I might even do that this spring if I find enough time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ones I bought are aluminium, and are available in both black and silver.

The evilbay seller still has them available for around £35.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts